Windows 10: How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer?

Discus and support How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have another app I often press Ctrl-F11 for, and I do this almost instinctively. I end up maximizing File Explorer when I don't want to because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banana OG, Aug 20, 2019.

1. banana OG Win User

How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer?

I have another app I often press Ctrl-F11 for, and I do this almost instinctively.

I end up maximizing File Explorer when I don't want to because I hit Ctrl-F11 and it maximizes by File Explorer.

How do I disable FULL SCREEN MODE in File Explorer, or just disable Ctrl-F11, but for only that "app", which is File Explorer, but not others?

Thanks!

:)

banana OG, Aug 20, 2019
  2. vel2000 Win User

EDGE: How to disable the "Press F11 to leave...." notification?

When entering the "full-screen mode" via F11, an annoying notification pops up at the bottom of the browser window every time.

How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer? [​IMG]

And yes, meanwhile I know how to leave the full screen mode, so any chance to disable this useless ****?

vel2000, Aug 20, 2019
  3. F11 does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the F11 key not working as it should be. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Did you try F11 along with FN key on the keyboard?
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Are you trying to use F11 for full screen function or any other function?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC.
    6. Then check you still have the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 20, 2019
  4. How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer?

Does Windows 10 file explorer have an F11 fullscreen like Windows 8 or 8.1?

Windows 8.1 has the ability to hit F11 and enter full screen in the file explorer the same as you can do in Internet Explorer 11. Does the Windows 10 File explorer allow you to do the same thing if you hit F11 or another key?

MichaelYzzi, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer?

1. How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - DISABLE Ctrl F11

2. F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F11 key keep changing screen mode to full screen or windowed: Hey please is there a way i can stop F 11 key from switching screen mode full screen or windowed problem in windows 11. I don’t want to disable key completely only the switching screen mode thing and thanks . Because i bought a new mouse it has special thing i can change the...
  3. Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer: Hi,How do I disable Ctrl+N on Windows file explorer. This is for a kiosk user should not be able to browse through File explorer.RegardsNaveen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ctrln-on-file-explorer/a4715290-b252-4858-abdc-918358d72879
  4. Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer: Hi,How do I disable Ctrl+N on Windows file explorer. This is for a kiosk user should not be able to browse through File explorer.RegardsNaveen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ctrln-on-file-explorer/a4715290-b252-4858-abdc-918358d72879
  5. Disable Ctrl+N on file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  7. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable F11 key toggling full screen.: I would like to disable the F11 key from toggling full screen. I have other programs that require use of that key and while it will perform the in-program function assigned it also toggles in and out of full screen.I've read elsewhere disabling ForceV2 in the registry editor...
  8. Disable F11 key toggling full screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Force Fullscreen mode (F11) in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force Fullscreen mode (F11) in File Explorer: Any experts out there know how to always have file explorer open in Fullscreen mode without having to press F11? (Not maximized) Appreciate any inputs! submitted by /u/WilliamLeGod [link] [comments]...
  10. How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i disable dark mode only in file explorer: I am on win10 pro 64bit and i want to disable the dark mode only in the file exlplorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-dark-mode-only-in-file-explorer/59b3cf14-a882-4307-9908-6e0bbaef5ee2