Windows 10: How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable

Discus and support How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NotedStaff [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotedStaff, Jan 20, 2020.

1. How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable

/u/NotedStaff, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

No option to disable Fast Startup

That's what it is. How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable :)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 20, 2020
  3. No option to disable Fast Startup

I don't have it on my laptops either, and the reason being is that I have hibernate disabled. I think some of you are missing a step.

If the option is there, but grayed-out, then you can click the link to show the options and change them.

If the option isn't visible, then hibernate is disabled.

DeaconFrost, Jan 20, 2020
  4. How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable

No option to disable Fast Startup

Bingo. I agree.

alphanumeric, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable

1. How do I disable fast startup? The checkmark is grayed out and it's not letting me disable - Similar Threads - disable fast startup

2. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  3. How do I disable fast startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable fast startup?: The option is there but when I try to click it nothing happens . It has indicated that fast startup is enabled but can't be unchecked or checked.. Azn it's grey with a check.....
  4. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  5. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  6. Location Services Disabled and Grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location Services Disabled and Grayed out: Hi, I'm having a problem with location services being disabled. In Settings/Privacy/Location, "Allow access to location on this device" is off, and the "Change" button is grayed out. "Allow apps to access your location" is also set to "Off" and grayed out. Above everything,...
  7. Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working: I am having an issue with the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver. My brother and I both use the PC for gaming and we use separate Windows User accounts (Mine is admin, his is regular). The problem we have is when one of use uses the PC before the other the GeForce Experience in...
  8. Fast startup can not be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup can not be disabled: Since the latest windows update (This evening): Even though Fast startup is NOT selected. The computer still starts up and basically logs in in the background (the apps in the startup folder are already running) and the username is displayed even though dontdisplaylastlogon...
  9. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...