Windows 10: How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

Discus and support How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a tablet user and there's this keyboard that pops up whenever I try to search something and it's driving me nuts. I couldn't disable it even in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicolesgrave, Feb 18, 2021.

1. How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

I'm a tablet user and there's this keyboard that pops up whenever I try to search something and it's driving me nuts. I couldn't disable it even in the Touch Keyboard & Handwriting Panel Services. It says that it's still running even though I picked the "disable" option. I use my tablet for drawing and I need the pen pressure support. I'm afraid that if I disable window's ink I wouldn't be getting the benefits of my tablet and pen. Send help, this is genuinely the most annoying thing I've ever come across being a windows user, nothing else could compare and that is unbelievable. I'm surprised that the option of disabling the keyboard on a windows 10 laptop isn't as easy as doing it on a virus infested windows 7 pc. Absolutely ridiculous.

:)

Nicolesgrave, Feb 18, 2021

2. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Mon.k11 Win User
    Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

Cannot Stop Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service

Hi ThePawnHater,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're unable to stop Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. To efficiently assist you, I'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot cannot stop Touch Keyboard and Handwriting
    Panel Service.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you perform the instruction shared by
    halcyonone on this thread about disabling Handwriting Panel in Windows

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

1. How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up? - Similar Threads - disable handwriting keyboard

2. how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?: I would like to disable the screen that pops up when you tap or slide on the left of the screen. my daughter has a disability and inadvertently activates it when using her device, its intrusive to her learning....
  3. how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?: I would like to disable the screen that pops up when you tap or slide on the left of the screen. my daughter has a disability and inadvertently activates it when using her device, its intrusive to her learning....
  4. How do I disable the pop-up keys feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the pop-up keys feature: It still appears that they are not suggestions. Rather, I will give you an example. When I press any button on the panel, not only do the letters appear in a pop-up form at the bottom of the screen and then they disappear. How can I disable it...
  5. How do I disable the pop-up keys feature

How do I disable the pop-up keys feature: It still appears that they are not suggestions. Rather, I will give you an example. When I press any button on the panel, not only do the letters appear in a pop-up form at the bottom of the screen and then they disappear. How can I disable it...
  6. How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10: It's annoying, how do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-optimizations-pop-up-windows/8da3a02e-5b82-486a-b120-30d698f7322f
  7. How do I disable the switch language/keyboard pop-up in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the switch language/keyboard pop-up in Windows 10?: I have several keyboards installed that I use infrequently and for which I set up hotkeys Shift+Alt+1 etc . Since the latest Windows update, the language bar changes keyboard layouts on many shortcut key combinations and kindly added keyboards that I do not have. Now...
  8. how do i disable a pop up blocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable a pop up blocker: how do i disable a pop up blocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-a-pop-up-blocker/b58e4d52-0dd7-4289-bbba-ac2c66aae80a
  9. How do I disable Adobe Flash pop-up?

How do I disable Adobe Flash pop-up?: I disabled Adobe Flash to automatically start playing videos. This is extremely annoying, especially when you click on a link that leads you to some site and a girl blurs that she wants to meet you, while the family sits right next to you. I'm glad I found how to disable...
  10. How do I disable this HP pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable this HP pop-up: Hello All I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop and every time I log in I get the attached pop up, is there a way to disable the message so it doesn't come up again? 103876