Windows 10: how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable

Discus and support how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; if the title isn't self-explanatory enough, I want some way to have the USB lag a few Milisenconds before so the few moments the USB disconnect it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KateHanami, Oct 22, 2020.

1. how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable

if the title isn't self-explanatory enough, I want some way to have the USB lag a few Milisenconds before so the few moments the USB disconnect it doesn't stop the connection or transfer

submitted by /u/KateHanami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KateHanami, Oct 22, 2020

2. Is the Micro USB cable proprietary?

I don't think the cable is proprietary. I use my Kindle's micro-USB cable to charge it by my bedside. I also use my iPhone's USB chargers, so I'm guessing all of them are using standards.

Tofuturkey, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Disconnecting usb cable from N70

You could also try these steps before unplugging your usb cable from your pc:

1. click the safely remove hardware (green arrow pointing down) found on the right portion of the taskbar.

2. select the usb cable

3. then click stop (once you click stop, it informs you that you could now safely remove your usb cable from your pc.)

As for unhooking your N70 from the usb cable, the suggestion from previous messages is the best way which is by gently bending it downwards.

Hope this helps.

pizza_lover, Oct 22, 2020
  4. how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable

USB connecting and disconnecting

This is a sort-of follow on to my earlier question about cables.

Tethering a camera to a tablet, laptop or desktop generally takes a couple cables (often a USB on-the-go cable). So I have a 3 meter Amazon Basics USB 3 Type-A extension and a 1M USB 3 Type-A to micro B. Works perfectly. Plug the micro B into the camera, the other end of the short cable into the female end of the extension and the other end into the computer. Shoves data back and forth at good speed, stays connected, happy happy.

Wanted a right-angle micro B (fits the camera better), so I bought a .3M (1 foot) USB 3 Type-A to right angle micro B. Plugged THAT cable into the camera, connected the extension, plugged into the computer. It connected, then started very quickly disconnecting and connecting. Repeatedly.

Just in case it was something bizarre with the camera (though it worked perfectly with OTHER cables), did EXACTLY the same thing with an SSD in a USB 3 micro B external, USB powered case. Took the SAME (first) set of cables, connected, worked fine. Shoved data at around 400MBps.

I’ve done this with good cables (Transcend) and cheap cables (Amazon Basics) and they work. I’ve even plugged things into USB 2 extensions and even THOSE work – though slowly.

Switched to the NEW cable with the right-angle micro B. Connected to the same extension and it did the same thing as before – connected then started very quickly disconnecting and connecting.

BUT, if I take JUST the Type-A to right angle micro B, plug that DIRECTLY into the computer, it’s fine… The SSD stays connected and pushes data fine. But NOT when connected to the extension.

Took a DIFFERENT, 1M Monoprice USB 3 Type-A extension and plugged the right angle micro B into THAT. SAME problem. Connects, disconnects repeated, very quickly.

All these cables work. But only SOME work when plugged into either of the extensions. MOST of them (at least 3) work FINE plugged into EITHER of the extensions. But the one I WANT to work – the one with the right angle micro B DOESN’T.

What’s happening when a USB peripheral connects and disconnects quickly, repeatedly? Is there a PROBLEM with the length (I’m way under 16 feet) or something else? Is it some kind of protection by the computer when the USB device is drawing too much power, has a wiring flaw, is causing a short or something?

GracieAllen, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable

1. how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable - Similar Threads - disable micro disconnect

2. How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I check my USB-C port for faults/defects?: My new iPad Mini 6 up to date won't sync to iTunes through the provided USB-C but it will charge...usually.The cable charges fine through an outlet and provided charge "block", so I wanted to check my USB-C for faults.Is there a way to have Windows 11 22H2 run a hardware test...
  3. USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable: Hello,When I connect my android mobile to my computer and use USB tethering, it works fine.But when I unplug the cable and plug it again then select USB tethering the connection does not work until I restart the computer.Can someone help please....
  4. USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable: Hello,When I connect my android mobile to my computer and use USB tethering, it works fine.But when I unplug the cable and plug it again then select USB tethering the connection does not work until I restart the computer.Can someone help please....
  5. USB tethering not working after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0: I want to make my 3.0 USB ports to behave as 2.0 USB. I know you can disable the hSCI controller on the 3.0 USB and they will behave as 2.0, but I don't know how to do this on Windows Laptop.This is important, please advise.Thank you,DPinck...
  7. Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect...: Without Disabling Microsoft's Original Functionality in Windows 10, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect Background Sound in Windows 10? Please note, my Motherboard is a fairly old Motherboard H61MLV v.7.0 & it's BIOS has been updated to as far as it will go....
  8. USB faults

USB faults: Ahoy! I have a minor problem. I have an android tablet in which I use a USB flash drive to transfer to my Windows 10 (1909 Build 18363.720) computer and back again as need be. The problem is every time I stick the USB drive in a port (any port) Windows 10 tells there is a...
  9. can't use new micro usb cable for my controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't use new micro usb cable for my controller: so recently i got some new micro usb cables and tried to use them with my xbox controller however everytime i plug in the controller it vibrates and then nothing if i hold down the home button it starts flashing and after a while it just stops and nothing changes is there...
  10. I am unable to connect my android device using usb tio micro usb cable

I am unable to connect my android device using usb tio micro usb cable: Whenever I connect it does connect to my laptop . I have checked the cable its working fine on other pc but not working on mine * Moved from Community Participation Center...