Windows 10: How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

Discus and support How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I type on my keyboard with headphones, my keyboard makes an irretable clicking sound on every key I tap. I'm currently using Windows 11 and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MODA x AWESOME4, Dec 1, 2023.

1. How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

When I type on my keyboard with headphones, my keyboard makes an irretable clicking sound on every key I tap. I'm currently using Windows 11 and have my AirPod Pro's connected to my device.

:)

MODA x AWESOME4, Dec 1, 2023

2. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 1, 2023
  4. How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

Sounds mutes automatically

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

1. How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard? - Similar Threads - disable mute clicking

2. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  3. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  4. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?

How do I disable/mute the clicking sound when interacting with my keyboard?: When I type on my keyboard with headphones, my keyboard makes an irretable clicking sound on every key I tap. I'm currently using Windows 11 and have my AirPod Pro's connected to my device....
  6. How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?: Hi I have a problem with keyboards making clicking type noises , I have made sure the Play key sounds as I type Play a sound when shortcut keys are pressed Beep when keys are pressed or accepted Are all turned off and I have no idea what to try next thank you for your help I...
  7. How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?

How do I turn of keyboard clicking sounds?: Hi I have a problem with keyboards making clicking type noises , I have made sure the Play key sounds as I type Play a sound when shortcut keys are pressed Beep when keys are pressed or accepted Are all turned off and I have no idea what to try next thank you for your help I...
  8. How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?: When I turn on my laptop, it makes a sound, I don't know how to explain it.When I open my laptop, I click the power on button, it makes this woosh sound like an intro sound lolI want to mute it, its loud as heck. Thanks...
  9. How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?

How to mute sounds when turning on laptop?: When I turn on my laptop, it makes a sound, I don't know how to explain it.When I open my laptop, I click the power on button, it makes this woosh sound like an intro sound lolI want to mute it, its loud as heck. Thanks...
  10. How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?: Hello , I want to get a mechanical keyboard soon for my laptop , and i want to disable the laptop's keyboard , to save battery , Because my battery will die in 10-20 minutes with the laptop unplugged . Any solution ? And i want to mention that : how do i turn on my laptop...