Windows 10: How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?

Discus and support How do I disable my laptop's keyboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , I want to get a mechanical keyboard soon for my laptop , and i want to disable the laptop's keyboard , to save battery , Because my battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marinel Cipu, Sep 16, 2018.

1. How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?

Hello , I want to get a mechanical keyboard soon for my laptop , and i want to disable the laptop's keyboard , to save battery , Because my battery will die in 10-20 minutes with the laptop unplugged . Any solution ? And i want to mention that : how do i turn on my laptop back if his keyboard is disabled , because the power button is on the keyboard.

:)

Marinel Cipu, Sep 16, 2018

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

I'm not understanding this. I had to uninstall and my keyboard is still not disabled. I'm having to use an external just to be able to type bc if I don't my laptop thinks i'm pressing "t" constantly and some of the other keys such as "I" and "O" and "U" are
    funky too. Can you please go into a more detailed description of what you mean here?

questingspirit, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Rose Ter Win User

How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?

How to disable keyboard when laptop is asleep?

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on disabling your keyboard when your laptop is asleep. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Type in the command below and press
      Enter
    powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact name of your keyboard"

For example, “Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard”

• When finished, close the elevated command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

How do I disable my laptop's keyboard?

1. How do I disable my laptop's keyboard? - Similar Threads - disable laptop's keyboard

2. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  3. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  4. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?: I spilled something on my laptop’s keyboard a while ago and it stopped working, but now it presses the 1 and Tab key on its own and I can’t get it to stop, even when I connect an external keyboard to it. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard but it keeps reinstalling when I...
  6. How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?: I spilled something on my laptop’s keyboard a while ago and it stopped working, but now it presses the 1 and Tab key on its own and I can’t get it to stop, even when I connect an external keyboard to it. I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard but it keeps reinstalling when I...
  7. How do I permanently disable my laptops keyboard?

8. How do I disable my laptop built-in keyboard?

How do I disable my laptop built-in keyboard?: My laptop is 7 years old. Some keys of the built-in keyboard have begun getting stuck specifically my F1 and windows keys, though I suspect others are also affected, preventing me from typing normally and causing Windows 10 shortcuts to activate. This has become a severe...
  9. How do I disable my laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable my laptop keyboard: A few months back I needed to disable my laptop keyboard to use an external one because my laptop keyboard spams keys uncontrollably. When I disabled the device or uninstalled drivers, it would prompt me to restart - but restarting automatically reinstalls the drivers/...
  10. How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?

How to Disable Laptop Keyboard?: I have tried: 1. Install an incompatible driver - still works. 2. Disable it through DevManView - gives an error. 3. Uninstalling it - obviously does not work, it will reinstall upon restart. I need it for 2 reasons: for my laptop, so I could put food on my laptop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i disable laptop keyboard