Windows 10: How do I disable my touchpad

Discus and support How do I disable my touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the update, my touchpad settings are gone. The only option I have is to lower my sensitivity. I try clicking on Precision touchpad settings but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AutumnGuidry, Sep 10, 2019.

1. How do I disable my touchpad

Since the update, my touchpad settings are gone. The only option I have is to lower my sensitivity. I try clicking on Precision touchpad settings but it always takes me to the basic settings. Before the update I had my touchpad disabled because it drives me nuts when I am typing or doing something and constantly hit the touchpad and my cursor moves. How am I supposed to disable it now?

How do I disable my touchpad 3aca0123-668b-4cbb-8de3-83026c02001d?upload=true.jpg

:)

AutumnGuidry, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How do I disable my touchpad

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable my touchpad

1. How do I disable my touchpad - Similar Threads - disable touchpad

2. Unable to Disable or Fully Uninstall Driver for TouchPad (HP Computer) (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Disable or Fully Uninstall Driver for TouchPad (HP Computer) (Windows 10): My HP Laptop has a TouchPad which I am unable to disable, model number 15-db0015dx. I have a USB mouse and am wishing to disable, be it temporary or permanent, my touchpad. I have done several months of research to no avail. Today I figured out how to uninstall the...
  3. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop: I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop using the settings function. I tried using Device Manager with no success. The user manual doesn't get into this. Any ideas?...
  4. disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable the touchpad: Hi I couldn't find a way to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-the-touchpad/2f8562a7-db06-4883-a0e4-c35325b0b06b
  5. how to disable zoom on my touchpad

how to disable zoom on my touchpad: how do I disable zoom on my touchpad? ty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-zoom-on-my-touchpad/c877d472-5454-4c80-9a79-11981a5592bf
  6. Disable Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Synaptics Touchpad: I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows 10. I use a mouse and hate the touchpad, but I cannot figure out how to disable it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-synaptics-touchpad/d0e33c97-4c3e-4799-befa-f0a907cfc930
  7. Can't Disable Touchpad

Can't Disable Touchpad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad/d738dc58-a0c7-425c-8fa4-6939689b7117
  8. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  9. Touchpad can no longer be disabled after 29 August Windows update

Touchpad can no longer be disabled after 29 August Windows update: Since I installed a Windows update on 29 August I have lost the ability to disable the touchpad on my HP laptop when I plug a mouse in. I have tried removing the drivers, uninstalling the device etc. but nothing seems to be able to stop the touchpad working. Is there...
  10. Help me disable touchpad gestures, please.

Help me disable touchpad gestures, please.: So I have an Exibel bluetooth keyboard model 38-6917/HB087 which features a touchpad. This is a keyboard bought at Clas Ohlson Norway and does not have proper support, so I can't find any properly configured drivers. this means that since it technically is third-party and...