Windows 10: How do I disable one-drive. I do not want my files to sync

Discus and support How do I disable one-drive. I do not want my files to sync in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not want or need one-drive. I have tried closing one-drive but my files still synced. I have recently had an e-mail from Microsoft saying that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mary_693, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Mary_693 Win User

How do I disable one-drive. I do not want my files to sync

I do not want or need one-drive. I have tried closing one-drive but my files still synced. I have recently had an e-mail from Microsoft saying that my one-drive storage is almost full and one of the suggestions was to delete files - however even though I have clicked the option on my pc to retain files on my pc if I delete files from one-drive they delete from my pc. I find it frustrating and annoying that I am forced to have private and confidential files stored on one-drive and frustrating that I can't find a way to prevent it happening.

:)

Mary_693, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

one drive sync

Hi Dan,

Corrupted files may be the possible cause reason why files/folders were not syncing. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us if you've made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to sync a file/folder?
    • Which version of Office are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your OneDrive files/folders to sync properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 28, 2019
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

1. How do I disable one-drive. I do not want my files to sync - Similar Threads - disable drive files

2. I do not want to BACKUP my files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want to BACKUP my files.: Every time I log-on I get a message that's not compatible with me, YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED MY BACKUP FOR A WHILE? I want to get rid of it? Regards, Jeff Gordon...
  3. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have three PC's that I use frequently. A Gaming PC, a Work PC, and a Surface Pro for mobility. Whenever I install a program on my gaming PC a shortcut shows up on my Work and Surface Pro desktops. I have already gone into the sync settings and disabled syncing on all...
  4. How do I access one drive personal files -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I access one drive personal files -: I have recently lost a lot of important files and wonder if they are sitting somewhere in my personal folder - it is not showing up in my normal onedrive stuff......
  5. How do I share a file from one drive

How do I share a file from one drive: I have a large file within onedrive that I would like to share - how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-a-file-from-one-drive/8722d248-db43-4c74-83f5-af7c1ebc0239
  6. how do i remove one drive

how do i remove one drive: Hi there. im looking for some help .i had one drive installed (i will never again in my life ever use!!!) it uploaded all of my files to the cloud to which i did not like . so i deiceded to delete this on doing so it left the one drive folder on my computer . now this really...
  7. Files going to one drive account i do not want

Files going to one drive account i do not want: I have no objections to one drive storing my files, but every time is set up libraries in R studio or add ins in excel or excel files, they are save to Onedrive/public/JOHNSULLIVAN DOCS/Music, this is really annoying and ridiculous, as I have nothing called that, but it...
  8. how do i fix a sync problem with One Drive?

how do i fix a sync problem with One Drive?: I have several folders with red X's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-a-sync-problem-with-one-drive/43b9237e-2ca4-47ac-b880-ee1a11c742fa"
  9. How do I sync my devices?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I sync my devices?: Just got a new Surface Pro 4, how do I sync programs n files n all that to the new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-sync-my-devices/7ded16c7-6ca1-41c0-bdef-e1ddf57e11d6
  10. One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It.

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Is Driving Me Crazy. I Do Not Want It.: I am new to W-10 and it is driving me crazy. All I want to do is when I type a Document using Word or Add some pictures I want it to go into Document File or Picture File or what ever.. I am not going to share or use "The Cloud" or any of that fancy stuff. But when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i want one drive synced or not

2. dont want one drive to sync with my documents

3. do not want sync i want PDF files