Windows 10: How do i disable PBA (pre boot authentication) for my fingerprint scanner???

Discus and support How do i disable PBA (pre boot authentication) for my fingerprint scanner??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an older Acer laptop that came with a cool fingerprint scanner that made life so easy. Unfortunately, the hardware has stopped working and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Destros, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Destros Win User

How do i disable PBA (pre boot authentication) for my fingerprint scanner???

I have an older Acer laptop that came with a cool fingerprint scanner that made life so easy. Unfortunately, the hardware has stopped working and instead of put more money into an old latop I want to just disable the scanner. I have completed a factory reset but it still asks for fingerprint authentication upon startup. I have removed the bios password and the PBA is still there requesting a fingerprint when none are stored and the scanner doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Destros, Sep 18, 2018

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Fingerprint Scanner for x64... Help!!!

I have tried Microsoft's fingerprint scanner and one by APC (had them at work), neither manufacturer openly supports x64.

There are no drivers for those. Looked everywhere.

I was just asking if anyone knew of a model that does dox64, laptop scanners don't count as this is for a desktop.

I'm just product searching.

thebeephaha, Sep 18, 2018
  4. How do i disable PBA (pre boot authentication) for my fingerprint scanner???

Fingerprint scanner

We appreciate the update that you have provided. Since you have tried the suggestions above and the issue is still the same, we have checked the compatibility of your laptop with Windows Hello. Upon checking, your laptop is currently not in the list. We
    recommend that you contact your laptop manufacturer directly to check for any compatible driver for the fingerprint scanner to work.

Should there be anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

How do i disable PBA (pre boot authentication) for my fingerprint scanner???

1. How do i disable PBA (pre boot authentication) for my fingerprint scanner??? - Similar Threads - disable PBA pre

2. How do I activate my fingerprint scanner?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my fingerprint scanner?!: It uses to work but I don't know how to turn it back on! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-my-fingerprint-scanner/7d2c207e-e727-45e6-bea4-ed59b6a9c6dd
  3. How do I activate my fingerprint scanner?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activate my fingerprint scanner?!: It uses to work but I don't know how to turn it back on! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-my-fingerprint-scanner/7d2c207e-e727-45e6-bea4-ed59b6a9c6dd
  4. How do I get windows to recognise my fingerprint scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get windows to recognise my fingerprint scanner?: My Samsung Galaxy Book 2's fingerprint scanner is not recognised at all by Windows. I checked, and it does not show up on device manager either. When I attempt to set up a fingerprint on settings, it simply gives me the message "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner...
  5. How do I get windows to recognise my fingerprint scanner?

How do I get windows to recognise my fingerprint scanner?: My Samsung Galaxy Book 2's fingerprint scanner is not recognised at all by Windows. I checked, and it does not show up on device manager either. When I attempt to set up a fingerprint on settings, it simply gives me the message "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner...
  6. My fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint scanner: Today my fingerprint scanner stopped working it say the fingerprint scanner option is currently unavailable Though it doesn't work on boot but works well after sleep.I am unable to sign in due to this i had to type a long password everytime Can anyone plz help with this...
  7. My fingerprint scanner

My fingerprint scanner: Today my fingerprint scanner stopped working it say the fingerprint scanner option is currently unavailable Though it doesn't work on boot but works well after sleep.I am unable to sign in due to this i had to type a long password everytime Can anyone plz help with this...
  8. Fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint scanner: Hi, I'm trying to set up the fingerprint scanner to log in. It says I need to enter a PIN, but when I try to set up / reset a PIN it says this option is not available at the moment. The fingerprint scanner was working fine until last week. Thank you!...
  9. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner stopped working a while back. I believe it is a Goodix scanner. the driver was up to date, but the computer showed that the "DEVICE" was not present on the computer VOSTRO 5402 Service Tag: C04NB63.I couldn't find any information on how to add the...
  10. fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner: whenj i try to change my sign inj options to windows hello fingerprint scanner,"we could not fint a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print. im using windows 10 enjterprise. when i used vista i had no problems.how can i resolve this issue? than\x...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable pre boot authentication

2. disable windows pre-boot authentication

3. stop using pre boot password/fingerprint on hp elitebook

4. disable pba activation ddp