Windows 10: How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing.

Discus and support How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I disable predictive text from my emails in Windows 10? Nothing happens when I type in "Auto Complete" in the search bar. No predictive text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Bliss dbliss, Aug 5, 2021.

1. How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing.

How do I disable predictive text from my emails in Windows 10? Nothing happens when I type in "Auto Complete" in the search bar. No predictive text category in the "Typing" bar, only Auto Correct.

:)

David Bliss dbliss, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Dr.Bob007 Win User

predictive text - windows 10 mobile

Why would a User who has encountered the problem of 'Predictive Text' suddenly now missing from their Windows 10 mobile device "Select the Option to turn off the “suggest text”"?

This strikes me as illogical to resolving the identified problem. I might understand if you instructed the User to restart their device then turn it On to see if toggling the setting might re-enable this service. However, that not being stated suggests an
    oversight/error.

In my situation, my Lumia 950 XL no longer simply identifies 'correct' words as before. This became noticeable prior to the recent 9 step + 8 step series of Windows 10 Mobile updates.

I found this predictive text service quite helpful with respect to my 'large' fore-finger tip often unintentionally touching adjacent characters resulting in typing errors ranging from quite simple to utterly deranged 'words' which often are corrected by
    simply touching one of the array of suggested alternate options available.

Dr.Bob007, Aug 5, 2021
  3. predictive text in keyboard not working

sir,

I use lumia 535, windows 10. my keyboard's auto predictive text stopped to appear (whenever i write anything , I dont get any predictive, corrective or suggestive word.

do help please

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sumitacular, Aug 5, 2021
  4. How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing.

Predictive texting

Hi Tina,

In most cases, this issue with predictive text could have happened due to the application you are using. To resolve this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• In what application are you using predictive text?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do steps 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exists.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing.

1. How do I disable predictive text on Windows 10? Typing in "Auto Correct Off" does nothing. - Similar Threads - disable predictive text

2. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  3. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  4. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Predictive text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Predictive text windows 10: The predictive text on my windows 7 tablet works fine with all programs, on my windows 10 tablet it doesn't work with one program, I've contacted their support and they claim it isn't their code that's the problem, they claim it has something to do with windows 10. I would...
  6. Text Predictions

Text Predictions: Hi there Since Windows 10 v1803 we have had the option to "Show text suggestions as I type" and "Autocorrect words as I type" for hardware keyboard. I have enabled these options however when testing it works fine in Notepad, Wordpad and stick Notes however it does not work...
  7. Text prediction

Text prediction: I have turned all typing prediction options on in settings, but i am still unable to see any prediction options when working in Office 365 WordOnline in Edge... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-prediction/a6c39623-a01b-431b-8ecc-5c6dcaa0e1a8
  8. Predictive Text in Windows 10

Predictive Text in Windows 10: I know you have already addressed this issue however, it is still a problem. It has just recently started for me and I have done EVERYTHING you suggested and then some!!! Nothing has gotten rid of the annoying little box of words! I don't know how or why it appeared or why...
  9. Predictive Text

Predictive Text: My predictive text and other keyboard features seem to have vanished from my phone and I cannot see why. They are all ticked as being on within the phone's settings but they are not on when texting. Any help will be gratefully received....
  10. Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting with Touch Keyboard if you type in more than one Latin script languages. Simply continue typing in multiple languages and...