Windows 10: how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell

Discus and support how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi i want to disable right clicking on my start menu im using open-shell, on windows 10 64bit version 1909, ive searched online and found information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moomoocow83, Dec 27, 2019.

1. how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell

hi i want to disable right clicking on my start menu im using open-shell, on windows 10 64bit version 1909, ive searched online and found information but not the answer im looking for please help.

being specific if you right click the start menu with either classic shell or open shell ( which is what im using) it comes up like

===open shell menu ===

please help *Sad

:)

moomoocow83, Dec 27, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip]Classic Shell - Get back classic features of the Windows UI(Classic Start Menu)

You can get Classic Shell Here. It is open source and free.*Rockout :rockout:

When installing, do note that you can install the Classic Explorer and Classic Start Menu features seperately, so if you don't have use for one or the other don't install it if you want to save a little hard drive space. Though the total install only takes about 4MB with both features installed.

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell ClassicShell_1.png

Now there are so many tweaks that Classic Shell offers there is no way I will be able to go over each one. But I do suggest if you are missing a UI feature from an older version of Windows that was removed from Win7, try Classic Shell, because I haven't seen a feature yet that wasn't in there. But I'm just going to go over a few features that I use and like for now.

First of all, the Classic Start Menu. It is pretty self explainitory. Right when you finish installing Classic Shell, the Classic Start menu will be active by default. Now you can set different keys to open either the Classic Start Menu or the Standard Start Menu. Personally, I usually have it set to that clicking on the start button opens the Classic Start Menu, while pushing the Windows key on my keyboard opens the Standard Start Menu.

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell ClassicShell_2.png

Also, with the Classic Start menu Shutting down goes back to the classic Windows XP style.

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell ClassicShell_3.png

You can access all of your settings for both Classic Explorer and Classic Start Menu by going to the program folder in the start menu.

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell ClassicShell_4.png

Some of the features I use for Classic Explorer are the Up Arrow(which is enabled by default) along with disabling breadcrumbs. If you aren't sure what breadcrumbs are, look at the screenshot, breadcrumbs are the new way the address bar works in Win7, I think it was a way to eliminate the up arrow. Anyway, now that I have an up arrow again they are pretty worthless. So I disable them so that the actual path is dislayed in the address bar.

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell ClassicShell_5.png

One last thing I like to do is disable the Alternate File/Folder conflict dialog boxes. I actually prefer the new style that came with Win7. By default these options are enabled, which brings up the classic style dialog box whenever you are trying to copy over a file/folder that already exists.

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell ClassicShell_6.png

There are hundreds of little UI tweaks available in Classic Shell. So I would suggest you try it. If you don't like it, uninstalling it removes all the tweaks and returns everything to normal. And you can pretty much turn off every tweak you don't want, I know some people that use it just for the Up arrow in Explorer.

*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. zopfan Win User

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell

Open Shell made my original Start Menu disappear/no longer working.

Thanks very much.
    Sorry to mention that I've already tried creating a new profile, but in that/there also, Windows 10's own start menu doesn't work at all. Even Cortana search and taskbar tray buttons didn't work (e.g. clicking volume icon did nothing). All this happened when I uninstalled Open Shell.
    Now only open shell start menu works (if I install it) and Win10's own start menu and search and taskbar wifi and volume buttons don't work at all.

I've tried some solutions given on google.
    1. Ran Sfc /scannow. It resulted all ok. But no solution.
    2. Then Ran some long Power Shell commands (approx 2-3 commands, which didn't do any good or bad) told in diff help articles.
    3. Created a new fresh admin profile.
    4. Tried installing and uninstalling Open Shell a few times.
    5. Installed an Update referred somewhere for this type of problem. Took nearly 30 minutes, but didn't solve.

In the end, in frustation, I tried repairing window and after 4 hours, had to install the windows afresh.

But, since I can't do without Open Shell's old type of Start menu, I'm afraid, I'll be confronted with same problem in the coming days.

So, can someone suggest something pls?

- - - Updated - - -

Open Shell lets you bypass its own settings/menu by Shift+clicking on Start button (i.e. shift clicking produces win10's orig menu).

- - - Updated - - -

I can't agree. Win10's default Start menu just doesn't supports.
    To open control panel items, I've to click or drag some 4 times. But with old start menu/open shell, I just hover over start menu and then over control panel and click on my desired item.
    Also when I want to open some application, in new menu, I've to click and drag to see that app.
    While in Win7/Open Shell start menu, all my fav apps are in front of me as soon as the menu opens.

Moreover, all my desired items are expanded in sub menus in old menu. there by helping me open any item/app/file/folder in my whole computer, with just 1 click (start menu opens by just hovering over it); which I can't imagine in new style menu.

zopfan, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell

1. how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell - Similar Threads - disable right click

2. Disable right click drag menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable right click drag menu: Hello! So I find this annoying feature on my Windows. Every time I try to right click a file, I accidentally keep dragging it instead of right clicking and then pulls up this menu:How do I disable this feature? Thanks!...
  3. Disable right click drag menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable right click drag menu: Hello! So I find this annoying feature on my Windows. Every time I try to right click a file, I accidentally keep dragging it instead of right clicking and then pulls up this menu:How do I disable this feature? Thanks!...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  6. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the right-click […] This article Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW to remove/disable the Start BUTTON Right Click Context Menu: Greetings, I am using WIN10 64-bit build 18363.657 (1909). I have been attempting to DISABLE the start BUTTON right click context menu by using Registry Editor (REGEDIT). All I can locate is the following (which does not prevent the right click), even after logging off and...
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont open all programs hover openshell