Windows 10: How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, as reading previous threads dated back in 2020, I am still experiencing the similar issue as follows;I do not have single-click enabled on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Coolswinger, Jul 1, 2022.

1. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

Hi there, as reading previous threads dated back in 2020, I am still experiencing the similar issue as follows;I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my preview pane to the right, a single click will open the email. This is very frustrating and time-consuming, how can I turn this off?Kindest RegardsSarb.

:)

Coolswinger, Jul 1, 2022

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Jul 1, 2022
  3. outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list

Hi there,

"Outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list"

Are you using Outlook 365 desktop client or Outlook Web App?

What taskbar list are you referring, is it Windows 10 Task View?
    Could you provide screenshot here where do you want to see recently opened email?

Although, there is no taskbar list in Outlook 365 desktop and Outlook Web app client to check recent opened email.

If you are referring to Windows 10 Task View, should contact Windows 10 support rather than Outlook.

Thanks,

Polly Baylis, Jul 1, 2022
  4. scopio Win User

How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

Office 365 Outlook not opening in my desktop pc

I opened Settings > Accounts > clicked on Stop signing in to Micosoft apps automatically > restarted the pc but the issue with Office Outlook still remains the same!
    Signed out from the Outlook.com web page too but Word seems to be working OK
    How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10? [​IMG]

These are my email accounts in Emails and accounts page.
    How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10? [​IMG]

There is no Accounts option in Settings > System page.

scopio, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

1. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable single click

2. How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?: I keep reading panes off and I only like to open emails when I double click on them. Can't find any option to reverse this single click. Everything else on my laptop is double click to open. Please help; this is very frustrating....
  3. How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?: I keep reading panes off and I only like to open emails when I double click on them. Can't find any option to reverse this single click. Everything else on my laptop is double click to open. Please help; this is very frustrating....
  4. How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?: Hi there, as reading previous threads dated back in 2020, I am still experiencing the similar issue as follows;I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my...
  6. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?: Hi there, as reading previous threads dated back in 2020, I am still experiencing the similar issue as follows;I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my...
  7. How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop?

How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop?: I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my preview pane to the right, a single click will open the email. If I try to click the drop-down arrow in a...
  8. Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Undo delete of open email in Outlook 365: If I open an email then delete the email (either via the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar) I can not undo the action (teh undo icon is greyed out) However, sometimes it isn't but when clicked I get a popup error If I delete without operning it (either via the ribbon, Quick...
  9. Office 365 Outlook how to disable?

Office 365 Outlook how to disable?: I have the above installed on my pc. I want to either uninstall it and leave the rest of office on there or I would like to be able to stop it over riding a preferred email client to sent emails. To override: I have looked in default apps. This is set for the correct email...
  10. how to open email, winmail.dat, i do not have outlook?

how to open email, winmail.dat, i do not have outlook?: how to open email, winmail.dat, I do not have outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-open-email-winmaildat-i-do-not-have-outlook/6c80ff22-1477-44d5-80f7-4ef1d6d838fc