Windows 10: How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop?

Discus and support How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DTEL007, May 18, 2020.

1. DTEL007 Win User

How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop?

I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my preview pane to the right, a single click will open the email. If I try to click the drop-down arrow in a message thread to see all of the messages, it will open the latest email. This is very frustrating and time-consuming, how can I turn this off?

:)

DTEL007, May 18, 2020

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, May 18, 2020
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 18, 2020
  4. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop? [​IMG]

-

esmorax, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I disable single-click to open in Office 365 desktop? - Similar Threads - disable single click

2. How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?: I keep reading panes off and I only like to open emails when I double click on them. Can't find any option to reverse this single click. Everything else on my laptop is double click to open. Please help; this is very frustrating....
  3. How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?: I keep reading panes off and I only like to open emails when I double click on them. Can't find any option to reverse this single click. Everything else on my laptop is double click to open. Please help; this is very frustrating....
  4. How do I disable single-click to open emails on the new Outlook 365 updated Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?: Hi there, as reading previous threads dated back in 2020, I am still experiencing the similar issue as follows;I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my...
  6. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?: Hi there, as reading previous threads dated back in 2020, I am still experiencing the similar issue as follows;I do not have single-click enabled on Windows 10. I don't have anything enabled in Outlook. Yet whenever I click on an email in my inbox so that I can see it in my...
  7. How do I disable single-click to open emails in Outlook 365 desktop Windows 10?

8. Office 365 or Open Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 or Open Office?: Hi Guys I am slowly converting from my Chromebook to a new new laptop with W10 on it. As I exchange and support someone who is not too PC savvy, I am wondering if I am better sending him files using Open Office or 365 Office. On this new laptop, I inherited the 12 month...
  9. How do I change to single click?

How do I change to single click?: I have windows 10. I have to double click everything. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-single-click/09291246-2602-444c-b96d-9e94acc71b63
  10. Office 365 Outlook how to disable?

Office 365 Outlook how to disable?: I have the above installed on my pc. I want to either uninstall it and leave the rest of office on there or I would like to be able to stop it over riding a preferred email client to sent emails. To override: I have looked in default apps. This is set for the correct email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse opening emails with one click