Windows 10: How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

Discus and support How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Aleksandr Voronin, Jan 19, 2023.

1. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and switches off my laptop instead of opening the password window. This function is really annoying and time-wasting, why can it not be disabled? I googled this issue, but all advice is to delete slidetoshutdown.exe from Windows/System32 folder, however, Windows does not allow me to do so, and I cannot edit and adjust access to it.

:)

Aleksandr Voronin, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Stods99 Win User

How Can I Disable Swipe In Windows 10

This doesn't work in Windows 10. There is no toggle switch for "Edge Swipe." In fact, "Edge Swipe" is not even listed as one of the options under settings. I just spent four hours on this, including chatting with a Microsoft rep and there appears to be
    no easy solution for the majority of users who are not programmers. It is frustrating and time-consuming when my screen changes to task view every time I swipe right on my touchpad.

Stods99, Jan 19, 2023
  3. disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish)

Cannot even find out if I have a surface pro 3 or 4, only info is:

BaseBoard Version Not Available

System SKU Surface_Pro_1796

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

After intensive search on the internet I found three "solutions" to disabling the edge swipe.
    These do not work. You do not need to suggest these because they do not work. Note that computer and drivers are all up to date.

So that folks don't start replying with non-working "solutions" I am listing them here...

• reg edit solution
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI == AllowEdgeSwipe 0

computer restart

doesn't work

• group policy solution
    Local Group Policy->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Edge UI

edit policy setting 'Allow edge swipe' set to disabled

computer restart

doesn't work

• control panel mouse solution
    recommends opening mouse setting from control panel and clicking on properties, then
    uncheck (disable) the Enable Edge Swipes option.

No such option exists so there is no way to apply this.

doesn't work

I've had this thing for less than a year and every single setting pans out this way with 80% of the settings being unavailable. I'm very close to wiping this thing and putting it on craigslist for some poor unsuspecting person. Plan on getting a regular
    small laptop like an HP or something (appreciate 2019 suggestions on new hardware too).

thanks

bukbuk2000, Jan 19, 2023
  4. djhnsn043 Win User

How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Hey, I am using a logitech k400 keyboard with touchpad. I have this plugged in as well as a normal keyboard and mouse. I can't get the edge swipe gesture to stop working, regardless of disabling it in gp or registry. Any suggestions?

djhnsn043, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

1. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option? - Similar Threads - disable Swipe shut

2. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?: Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and...
  3. How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable "Swipe to shut down" option?: Since I bought a new ASUS laptop I cannot get rid of this annoying option: "slide to shut down the window" after my laptop goes to sleep mode and I want to start using it again. Why I cannot remove it and go directly to enter the password screen? Often it messes up and...
  4. Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?: I have accidentally shut my Surface down several times causing me to lose work. How do I turn off the swipe to shut down gesture from the lock screen for Widows 11?...
  5. Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off swipe to shut down on Windows 11?: I have accidentally shut my Surface down several times causing me to lose work. How do I turn off the swipe to shut down gesture from the lock screen for Widows 11?...
  6. How do I disable this option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable this option?: Guys, how do I disable "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10"? I always like the latest version of Windows 10 the best and I will NEVER regret disabling this. [IMG]...
  7. How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable swipe right for Task View?: Half the time I move my mouse Task View pops up. I do not want to use Task View. Ever. It does nothing for me but waste my time. How do I disable it? I've tried disabling the group policy and editing the registry, yet it still happens:...
  8. How to disable the swipe taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the swipe taskbar.: Hello, I recently fully reinstalled my Windows 10 for other reasons. Now, I cannot see the taskbar and the only way to do it is to hover my mouse to the place it usually is supposed to be, now, it is no big deal but I just kinda got used to it. Does not seem like a problem...
  9. shut down option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down option: In the menu only 2 options namely 1 shut down and 2 restart are available. the other option " sleep " not available. how to get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-option/d834faea-1d65-494f-b981-cc7faa1c60e4
  10. How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?: As the title states, I need to turn off the feature that enables Task View when swiping from the left side of my trackpad. I use my computer on a large TV and going from the left side of the screen towards the right means a long swipe from one end of my trackpad to the other....