Windows 10: How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

Discus and support How do I disable sync settings between my desktops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have three PC's that I use frequently. A Gaming PC, a Work PC, and a Surface Pro for mobility. Whenever I install a program on my gaming PC a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jaxxon8217, Jun 8, 2019.

1. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

I have three PC's that I use frequently. A Gaming PC, a Work PC, and a Surface Pro for mobility. Whenever I install a program on my gaming PC a shortcut shows up on my Work and Surface Pro desktops. I have already gone into the sync settings and disabled syncing on all three desktops. To be clear, I have gone into "Sync your Settings" and have turned everything off. I have done this by turning ON sync settings so I can access the individual settings then I turned OFF all individual settings and then finally when all individual settings are tuned off I then turned OFF the master "Sync settings".

This hasn't stopped the desktops from sharing shortcuts and icons. This is annoying and I simply can't figure out how to stop it.

Please educate me. This might be super simple and I'm just not seeing it. Or it could take something deep in the settings menu. I just want to stop syncing my PCs without logging out of my Microsoft account.

:)

Jaxxon8217, Jun 8, 2019

2. Hotmail not syncing on Windows 10 desktop PC.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to sync profile settings on your desktop PC.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you trying to sync the Hotmail profile to Mail app or on the PC?

• What happens when you try to sync your Hotmail profile, do you get any error message/error code?

You may face the above issue due to poor internet connection, missing system files or corrupted files & folders located in your PC.

If you are unable to sync your Hotmail settings on PC, I suggest you to check if the sync settings options is disabled on your PC.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Sync your settings and select the top most search result.

• Check if Sync settings status is
      On
      . If not, slide the bar to On status.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud.
    Also, Ive noticed that I don't have an option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings. Internet Explorer used to be listed there and Syncing could be turned on and off with a toggle.
    There are times when cloud data corruption can mess up Syncing your favorites lists in Edge and Internet Explorer (duplicate entries etc) so you would need to stop them automatically syncing back to your account by disabling Syncing initially while you sorted your favorites out and turning syncing back on again.
    How do you do that firstly in the Edge browser and also in Internet Exporer if required?

sportsfan148, Jun 8, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

1. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops - Similar Threads - disable sync settings

2. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  3. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have an HP Desktop PC and a Surface Pro 7 with keyboard, pen and mouse, both running Windows 10 21H1, all updates current. I have a 365 account with OneDrive. I keep the SP7 desktop clean. On the HP, I keep several folders, photos and shortcuts on the desktop for things I'm...
  4. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable sync settings between my desktops: I have an HP Desktop PC and a Surface Pro 7 with keyboard, pen and mouse, both running Windows 10 21H1, all updates current. I have a 365 account with OneDrive. I keep the SP7 desktop clean. On the HP, I keep several folders, photos and shortcuts on the desktop for things I'm...
  5. How do I disable sync settings between my desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  7. How Do I Sync Between Two Laptops

How Do I Sync Between Two Laptops: Other people on this list are either having trouble or the post is fairly dated. I was wondering if someone could tell me the correct steps to sync between two laptops. I want them to stay in sync all the time but I don't want to sync with OneDrive. I have searched with Bing...
  8. How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro

How to Disable Desktop Sync Settings Between Computer and Surface Pro: Hi. So I just got a surface pro 7 and I'm using onedrive with both it and my laptop. My desktops are syncing between both so I'm getting icons that I want to keep on my desktop on my surface pro and vice versa. I found this thread right here where the OP seems to have the...
  9. How do I truly disable syncing settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I truly disable syncing settings?: Despite disabling everything in account settings and unlinking onedrive, no matter what when I do a fresh install of Windows 10 and log in with my account, it still changes the wallpaper and themes. I have no other computers atm which I am logged into/linked with, why is this...
  10. How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I set up automatic sync between OneDrive and Server: We use OneDrive to backup our work files that are normally saved onto a server. I want to set OneDrive up so it automatically syncs on its own every night. I've tried looking through settings, changed what I thought would do the trick, but it's not working. Then someone told...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows syncing between desktops