Windows 10: How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected?

Discus and support How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know why, but whenever im on my PC, an on screen keyboard pops up, although it disappears when I start typing on my keyboard. Not sure why this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreenTom7, Feb 3, 2021.

1. How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected?

I don't know why, but whenever im on my PC, an on screen keyboard pops up, although it disappears when I start typing on my keyboard. Not sure why this is happening now. I tried disabling the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in the windows services thing, but that didn't work.

It doesn't seem to be the usual on screen keyboard that's part of the ease of access. That one is a movable window, and has the ability to close it. The one I'm seeing is more like a Phone keyboard, with no window for it, and it disappears when I start typing on my normal keyboard.

Had a bit of a play around and discovered that this keyboard only pops up when my drawing tablet isn't plugged in? When connected, the thing works as usual.

How do I disable the damn thing?

submitted by /u/GreenTom7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GreenTom7, Feb 3, 2021
  2. evan000 Win User

Drawing tablet not recognized.

I recently had bought a new computer, I decided that I wanted to connect my drawing tablet to my new computer. The drawing tablet requires 1 USB port and 1 HDMI port to be plugged into the computer from it. When I plug these in, the tablet says that there's
    no connection. It also says there is not a second monitor in when I go into display settings. If I go into the Device and Printer settings on my computer, it shows the tablet is there, but in the properties of it, it shows it being a "keyboard, mouse." The
    drawing tablet is an XP-PEN Artist 12.

evan000, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    XP-Pen Star06 drawing tablet- making it work with Windows 10

Hello graham.d,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Have you faced any issue while trying to connect the tablet to the PC?

The XP Pen Star06 is an excellent wireless graphics drawing tablet which lets you make your digital artwork more comfortable and fun. You will be able to transform your ideas into beautiful images. Kindly check with the steps
    listed below and see if it works.

To make your drawing tablet work with Windows 10,

• Simply connect the ISM 2.4G USB receiver into your computer to start drawing
      wirelessly. Else, connect the tablet to your computer with the USB cable provided.
    • Download the latest driver from the
      XP PEN website
      , for the tablet to function.
    • After successful installation of driver, a driver icon will appear in your system tray and on your desktop. If the driver isn’t present,
      Uninstall the driver and Reboot the machine before you
      repeat the same steps.

Additional Information: You may also refer to the User Manual

here
    for extra information about XP-Pen Star06 Drawing tablet.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Spharin Win User

How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected?

Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows

So I'm trying to use a drawing tablet to use on certain programs and websites, and I get this writing popup that I haven't been able to figure out how to disable and it just infinitely blocks a portion of my screen.
    Closing it off just reopens it again once I put my pen to my drawing tablet, and dragging this popup to my second screen just makes it teleport to my main screen once I attempt to use my tablet again.
    I'd like to be able to use my programs/games/websites without having to deal with this popup which seems related to the on-screen keyboard that people can use for touchscreens. The popup seems like it's used to write out something and have the writing pasted somewhere or whatever else, but I have absolutely no intention of using it.
    My drawing tablet is separate and is plugged in with a USB, and the tablet itself does not have it's own display.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...71/unknown.png

Spharin, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected?

1. How do I disable tablet keyboard when drawing tablet isn't connected? - Similar Threads - disable tablet keyboard

2. Drawing/Graphics tablet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drawing/Graphics tablet not working: Hi there,I am trying to make my own font on Microsoft Font Maker on my laptop with an old Wacom Drawing Tablet Model ET-0405A-U. I connect it to my laptop wired USB connection and open Font Maker. I go over to the A and try to write it with the pen on the tablet. Nothing...
  3. Connecting Laptop to Computer to Use As A Drawing Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting Laptop to Computer to Use As A Drawing Tablet: I want to be able to use my laptop (Acer Spin) as a drawing tablet in tandem with my PC, is there any plausible way to do this ? Both run on Windows 10. submitted by /u/meme_lord04 [link] [comments]...
  4. Cursor pauses when using drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor pauses when using drawing tablet: I'm using a Surfacebook 2 with Windows 10 and have started using the Cintiq 16 tablet to draw with While using it, I can't make fine adjustments because the cursor will essentially pause until I move the pen a small distance from the center at which point it jumps from the...
  5. Using drawing tablet as a second monitor - mouse won't stay on tablet when i need to draw on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using drawing tablet as a second monitor - mouse won't stay on tablet when i need to draw on it: so I got a huion display tablet and I need to use it as a second monitor if I want to follow along in class and do the in-class assignments but when I try to use my tablet with the pen, the cursor will move back to my laptop screen and I can not get it to stay on the tablet....
  6. Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  7. Calibrating drawing tablet??

Calibrating drawing tablet??: I recently got a new laptop and I am having trouble setting up a tablet. Everything went smoothly with the installation, however the pen is not calibrated correctly and although I can select the option, nothing comes up on the screen after I tap the first cross hair. I have...
  8. Drawing tablets

Drawing tablets: So i bought a tablet back in April, it was working just fine. Up until recently where i ran into a problem. 2 weeks ago, my tablet started to not work, it is a Star G430s Xp-pen. It does not have battery and is wired, when i plugged it in the USB port, the light only blinked...
  9. When I Plug In My Gaomon Drawing Tablet, it Connects, then Disconnects

When I Plug In My Gaomon Drawing Tablet, it Connects, then Disconnects: Hello, I came here because I cannot figure out what to do. I have a Gaomon drawing tablet that must connect to one of the USB ports to function. It won't even turn on if it isn't connected properly. But for some reason, my computer with recognize it for a second, and then...
  10. Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Using a Drawing Tablet on Windows: So I'm trying to use a drawing tablet to use on certain programs and websites, and I get this writing popup that I haven't been able to figure out how to disable and it just infinitely blocks a portion of my screen. Closing it off just reopens it again once I put my pen to my...