Windows 10: How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

Discus and support How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristopherFerancy, Dec 28, 2020.

1. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation.

To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist me, I will definitely write it down!

Thank you in advance,

Christopher

:)

ChristopherFerancy, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Chickie Win User

Elan touchpad randomly activates tapping after I have disabled tapping

I have gone through the process of disabling tapping. Sometime later the cursor will send me some place unexpected because tapping has returned. Usually if I go to Settings, Devices, Mouse & Touchpad, additional mouse options, that stops the tapping. Occasionally I have to go to the Elan tab and Options before it will go away. The "tapping" box is not checked. Driver is up to date. I've tried a bunch of different things - disabling the touchpad, reinstalling the driver. I can't find anything in my Internet searches for this issue.

Chickie, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab,
    just like my other computer but no additional tab with the Elan title which has the checkbox to disable it when an external mouse is connected. I have windows 10 home and an hp laptop. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I have already reinstalled the
    drivers 2x and it did nothing to change the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Completely Frustrated!!

HP User Lawbirdy, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Shmeezer Win User

How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

Elan won't disable tapping

The newest update just installed. I had disabled tapping before the upgrade, but now it won't disable even though I have gone through the steps to disable by going to Mouse Properties, Elan tab, Options, and clicking to remove the check mark for tapping,
    and clicking the apply button. Now the Options button won't take me anywhere.

Shmeezer, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

1. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad? - Similar Threads - disable tap click

2. Elan Touchpad Disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad Disable: After update 20H2 the Elan Touchpad on my HP Pavillion that had been previously disabled became re-enabled. I went to device manager to disable but found that the ability to disable is no longer an option. I uninstalled device using the device manager and it re-installs...
  3. How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.: There is no option for doing this anywhere in the mouse settings. I have the touchpad sensitivity on lowest and things still keep opening when I scroll, it makes browsing the internet almost unusable....
  4. Disable ELAN touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable ELAN touchpad: I have an HP laptop 17-by0073cl ...when I got it a few years ago, I kept having a problem with the font size changing all the time just by brushing across the touchpad. Someone gave me the solution where I had to change a code and it worked great....for months and months....
  5. Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click

Lenovo Windows 10 Elan Drivers disable tap to click: I have a new Lenovo laptop V14 - ARE. I have been driving myself crazy looking for a way to disable tap to click. The fact that this is not easy to do is a glaring failure on Lenovo's part. I tried all sorts of stuff an looked all around. Nothing I could get would work....
  6. How to disable tap to click

How to disable tap to click: I have tried pretty much everything people have said online but nothing works! either the tabs aren't there or the solutions just don't work. I am at my wit's end! Computer is an Alienware Area 51m...
  7. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  8. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop: Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  10. Elan touchpad randomly activates tapping after I have disabled tapping

Elan touchpad randomly activates tapping after I have disabled tapping: I have gone through the process of disabling tapping. Sometime later the cursor will send me some place unexpected because tapping has returned. Usually if I go to Settings, Devices, Mouse & Touchpad, additional mouse options, that stops the tapping. Occasionally I have to go...