Windows 10: How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update

Discus and support How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephStemm, Jul 3, 2019.

1. How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update

With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to. Please tell me what I need to do to correct this? I hate the touch to click functionality being turned on!

:)

JosephStemm, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Brad_525 Win User
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop.

I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    3. Select Mouse pointer settings.
    4. Then, click on the last tab called Device settings (might be different from other computers) and again on Settings.
    5. A new window will pop-up with the Pointer options. Just uncheck Tapping.

These instructions DO NOT work for me. There is no "Mouse Pointer Settings"in Themes, there is a "Mouse Cursor" link, and this brings up "Mouse Properties", however there is no "Device Settings" tab, and the last tab, "Hardware" has no Settings button or
    anything anywhere about Tapping, nor do any other tabs. There IS a "Properties" button with a "Devices" field listing the Synaptics Touchpad, but if I click on "Change Settings", there is still nothing about tapping anywhere, and the "Change Settings" button
    on the "Resources" tab is greyed-out.

Settings does have "Devices > Touchpad", however the only option on there is for Sensitivity, and the "Additional Settings" link below points back to "Mouse Properties".

Drivers have been updated twice and I've searched everywhere I can think of to find this option. (There are also no options about gestures if that's related at all.)

Brad_525, Jul 3, 2019
  4. How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update

How to disable the tapping function on the synaptics touchpad Windows 10?

I'm sorry but it doesn't answer the question. The problem here is that the Synaptics Clickpad driver/softer version 19.0.12.95 specifically for Windows 10 will not save the profile or configuration. If I uncheck the "tap to click" option on the settings--it
    works without any problems. BUT if I restart the my Windows 10 Home computer (HP Spectre X360) computer--the "tap to click" check mark comes back--and I have to check it again to disable it. This is very annoying! There's no way to disable it using the regedit
    option--from the link you reference above.

I am having the exact same problem with the Synaptics Touchpad 2.0 on my HP Pavilion Laptop. Every time Windows 10 restarts, the Touchpad settings revert back to the "tapping" button being checked/activated. Quite frustrating as this never happened with Windows
    7 or 8.1 prior on this same computer. Please fix this issue Microsoft.

ThomasFrisch, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update

1. How do I disable tap to click on Synaptics Touchpad following latest Windows update - Similar Threads - disable tap click

2. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?: I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist...
  3. Synaptics Touchpad Drivers Issue / alternatively: PS/2 Touchpad Tap to Click Disable? MSI...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Touchpad Drivers Issue / alternatively: PS/2 Touchpad Tap to Click Disable? MSI...: Hello, I have a MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE and everything was running fine until windows forced a major update to windows 10 in January. While everything installed correctly, I found that my mouse had lost sensitivity, it just didn't move the way that it did in the past. I...
  4. Disable Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Synaptics Touchpad: I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows 10. I use a mouse and hate the touchpad, but I cannot figure out how to disable it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-synaptics-touchpad/d0e33c97-4c3e-4799-befa-f0a907cfc930
  5. Can't disable touchpad tap funnction following windows update

Can't disable touchpad tap funnction following windows update: Following the latest Windows update, the touchpad tap function became enabled. There now seems to be no means to disable it. It was disabled previously and I would like to keep it that way....
  6. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  7. Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  8. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?

Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?: I have a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx and its been going on for a while, but kinda getting a bit worse, that my touchpad can act very erratic at times with the mouse cursor just jumping about when i'm trying to do some work. But the weird thing is, it only seams to...
  9. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tap to click windows update

2. what happened with synaptics app for touch pad

3. turn off tap to click windows 10 update

4. synaptics disable click to tap,
  5. how to disable tap to click on a touchpad on synaptics SMBus touchpad,
  6. synaptics clickpad disable tap to click,
  7. disable tap windows 10 synaptics,
  8. windows 10 synaptics disable,
  9. synaptics touchpad windows 10 disable,
  10. turn off touchpad windows 10 synaptic,
  11. disable tap click on trackpad,