Windows 10: How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

Discus and support How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using blender, specifically for sculpting, a lot the past two weeks or so and in that program by default middle-click lets you rotate around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Genzuo, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Genzuo Win User

How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

I've been using blender, specifically for sculpting, a lot the past two weeks or so and in that program by default middle-click lets you rotate around your pivot point in your scene, but since I'm using a tablet that isn't very convenient so blender let's you enable a setting that changes it to Shift+Alt/Alt+Shift. While it's usually ok most of the time, a lot more recently I've found I keep accidentally pressing Alt+Shift and then letting go of shift first, resulting in the language changing overlay to pop up which changes my cursor to a dot, shows which modifier keys I'm pressing, and just generally seems to mess up a lot of things. Basically it's just pretty annoying. Pressing the windows key remedies it, but I just wanted to know if there was any way to just disable the overlay altogether as I don't ever use it outside of blender (I usually press Shift+Alt which doesn't bring it up, just cycles through the languages), and since panning/rotating is very important, it happens all the time.

:)

Genzuo, Sep 19, 2019

2. Alt-Shift doesn't change language

I just started using Win 10 home.

At the beginning all was working fine, but suddenly it stopped changing language input with the alt-shift keys.

I tried changing the language bar hot keys.

When i'm changing it to Ctrl+Shift, it's working.

But when I change it back to Alt+Shift, it doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP

I can't work like this.

TomGrossman, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Changing languages with right-alt + shift stopped working

Windows 10 home.

Used to be, you could use both left-alt and right-alt + shift to switch between languages.

Then, some years back, only left-alt + shift switched between languages, whereas right-alt + shift went always to secondary language. That was a pain, but not a show stopper.

This is!

After latest Windows Update, right-alt + shift is dead.

I opened Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Language > Advanced setting > Switching input methods > Change language bar hot keys > Change Key Sequence

the only options there are:

1. Not Assigned

2. Ctrl + shift

3. Left Alt + shift

4. Grave Accent (`)

Right-alt + shift is gone!!!

How do I get it back?

I've been doing the same thing to switch languages since Windows 3.0, I think. It's massively frustrating to do it instinctively only for it to not work all of a sudden... Seriously annoying. How can I fix it?

MosheHimmelfarb, Sep 19, 2019
  4. How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

Alt-Shift doesn't change language

Hi,

Yes, it works with WinKey + Space (it opens the language balloon instead of just changing the language).

As I wrote, when I'm changing the changing languages hot key (via advanced settings) to Ctrl + Shift it works as expected (not with the balloon).

This doesn't solve the problem of Alt + Shift, as it should work.

I don't have any problem sending logs/screen shots as you wish.

thanks

Tom Grossman, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages?

1. How do I disable the Alt+Shift overlay when changing languages? - Similar Threads - disable Alt+Shift overlay

2. How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?: I do not know why this setting exists, or who changes their screen settings so much that they required it to be bound to its own shortcut, but it has been a great deal of unmeasurable irritation over the last few months. Every time I accidentally hit this cursed combination I...
  3. How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?: I do not know why this setting exists, or who changes their screen settings so much that they required it to be bound to its own shortcut, but it has been a great deal of unmeasurable irritation over the last few months. Every time I accidentally hit this cursed combination I...
  4. How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  6. ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT+SHIFT to change language doesn't work: Last week my ALT+SHIFT to change language stopped working.I checked the input method and to change language, and it is still set to ALT+SHIFT.I'm using SteelSeries apex 5 keyboard on windows 11...
  7. How do I disable volume overlay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable volume overlay?: How do I disable volume overlay? Like in general not just chrome or ie just remove it entirely.Can I just stop any kind of overlay from appearing when adjusting volume?...
  8. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  9. Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Shift language bar disable problem.: [ATTACH] Hi all. There is an issue after one of the recent updates. While changing the input language (and I do that a lot) the floating bar with available languages poping up in the right part of the screen. As long as I'm switching constantly that bar is flickering with...
  10. How do I disable Alt + Shift to change the keyboard layout? Language options are still...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Alt + Shift to change the keyboard layout? Language options are still...: Good Day, I want to disable alt + shift combination to change the keyboard layout. After googling it for a while I realized that I needed to do it on Control Panel and under language options. But there are no language options in the Control Panel?! It's missing. I've read...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alt overlay change language windows 10

2. windows ink disable shift overlay

3. disable alt shift changing language

4. disable the Alt Shift overlay when changing languages