Windows 10: How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?

Discus and support How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I like doing photography, and how I take photos e.g. light, color, and white balance natively in the camera is very deliberate. And once I import them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kibblznbitz, Feb 14, 2021.

1. How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?

I like doing photography, and how I take photos e.g. light, color, and white balance natively in the camera is very deliberate. And once I import them onto my computer, I want to blow them up to see and compare them as they are. But, I can't do that, because the Photos app immediately and unrestrainably "enhances" them when I open the photos up in the app. I've consulted google on how to disable this feature, but I don't appear to have the option to turn it off where it's supposed to be as shown below.

I don't know if the option was moved or what, but I need to know how to turn it off, please! Thank you :

How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app? fb20d133-5a8b-4d59-a25c-3107eda2847c?upload=true.png

:)

kibblznbitz, Feb 14, 2021

2. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance
    your photos'' in the settings under Viewing and editing, but I do not have that option, as you can see in the screenshot I've attached below. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Edit: I might all add that once opening the RAW photos in the Photos app and after they are auto enhanced they also appear auto enhanced in other image viewing apps, which is completely ludicrous. Only app that displays the images correctly is QuickLook
    preview.

How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app? c078d6d3-b2b6-4ed7-924f-0fef3237b0ca?upload=true.png

Rolands Zilvinskis, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Photo App Enhance

Hello Jana,

To turn off the auto-enhance feature of the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start and type Photos then hit
      Enter
    • On the lower left side panel, click Settings.
    • Under Automatically enhance my photos, just move the slider to
      Off.

Hope this helps.

Devlin Sco, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Alore28 Win User

How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?

Photo App Auto Enhance

I would like to disable the auto enhance feature of the photos app. I understand in a previous version, one was able to turn it off in the photos application settings under viewing and editing but now the option is no more. A normal unedited version of
    the photo will show for a few seconds and then be automatically edited in the app which is not something I want. I would like to view my photos as they were taken and make edits myself. Please show how to take this off, thank you.

Alore28, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app?

1. How do I disable the Auto Enhance feature in the Photos app? - Similar Threads - disable Auto Enhance

2. How to disable auto enhance on photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto enhance on photos.: This standard advice below doesn't work. Clicking the gear opens settings but there is no "Automatically enhance my photos" switch to turn on or off.I have heard this problem has been corrected, but it's still a problem on my copy. I simply want to open and view my original...
  3. How to disable auto enhance on photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto enhance on photos.: This standard advice below doesn't work. Clicking the gear opens settings but there is no "Automatically enhance my photos" switch to turn on or off.I have heard this problem has been corrected, but it's still a problem on my copy. I simply want to open and view my original...
  4. HOW DO I DISABLE AUTO-ENHANCE IN PHOTOS / WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I DISABLE AUTO-ENHANCE IN PHOTOS / WINDOWS 11: Am I missing something, or is editing the registry really the only way to take this unwanted feature out of commision?As a professional photographer working for the biggest sports brand on the planet, let me complain LOUDLY. This is terrible design. Why would you even add...
  5. HOW DO I DISABLE AUTO-ENHANCE IN PHOTOS / WINDOWS 11

HOW DO I DISABLE AUTO-ENHANCE IN PHOTOS / WINDOWS 11: Am I missing something, or is editing the registry really the only way to take this unwanted feature out of commision?As a professional photographer working for the biggest sports brand on the planet, let me complain LOUDLY. This is terrible design. Why would you even add...
  6. How to disable auto-enhance

How to disable auto-enhance: Hello,I im an amateur photographer and have been struggling with the auto enhance thing of windows. I love to underexpose photos and windows turns them as bright as day and as noisy as a fighter jet and it looks horrible. I have tried using other apps or programs and it...
  7. Auto Enhance feature of Photos app

Auto Enhance feature of Photos app: How to disable it? If there is a way? Maybe by hacking the registry or hack the App it'self. It was possible before, now the option to turn it off is completely gone. Why? I use Photos app to preview my RAW files before editing in Lightroom. It is frustrating and...
  8. Enhance Feature of the Photo App

Enhance Feature of the Photo App: Since loading an updated version of Widows 10 a few days ago, the "enhance" feature to enhance a photograph downloaded to my PC, suddenly no longer works. As I use this feature frequently, how can I get it reinstated?...
  9. Photo App Auto Enhance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Auto Enhance: I would like to disable the auto enhance feature of the photos app. I understand in a previous version, one was able to turn it off in the photos application settings under viewing and editing but now the option is no more. A normal unedited version of the photo will show...
  10. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable auto enhance in Photos app: Hi, I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows turn off automatic photo balance