Windows 10: How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume

Discus and support How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. Please help. Im signing into this site after i dont know how many years because windows' website is complete trash and I can't figure this out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gargleblast, Jan 27, 2020.

1. How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume

Hi. Please help. Im signing into this site after i dont know how many years because windows' website is complete trash and I can't figure this out. I've already gone into my settings and un-checkboxed the sound. it keeps playing. it is louder than any other sound on my pc and plays every time i touch the goddamn volume bar. Please just direct me to this sound file so I can delete it. I never want to hear this sound, or any other sound, ever again when I adjust my volume. please help.

submitted by /u/gargleblast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gargleblast, Jan 27, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

every time adjust volume, I hear windows sysem sound, annoying loud

Sorry, I don't know of any way to do that as I've never heard anything like that. How are you adjusting the volume? And do you experience the same thing if playing a mp3 file or when a video is not playing, for example?

How are you playing it? From a file? On line?

If there were such a sound it would be listed here:

How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 27, 2020
  3. GosuSheep Win User
    "Ding" sound (e.g. from adjusting volume) no longer plays

When adjusting volume on Windows, the system will play a "ding" sound to help you gauge the current volume. That sound no longer plays on my machine.

What I've done:

• Tried various output devices (speakers, headerphones, monitor speakers, etc.)
    • Updated mobo and sound card drivers
    • Played the .wav files (C:\Windows\media) in a media player to ensure the files are not corrupted

Methods that SHOULD play the sound but don't:

• Adjust volume
    • {Windows_key} (search) --> type "sound" --> {Enter} --> "Sounds" tab --> Scroll to "Default Beep" --> click "Test"
    • Running some batch file that echoes 0x007
    • `echo ^G`

Thanks for your time.

GosuSheep, Jan 27, 2020
  4. How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume

Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume

1. How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume - Similar Threads - disable BLONG sound

2. When adjusting sound volume on windows 10 I want to disable the "chimes" tone. I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When adjusting sound volume on windows 10 I want to disable the "chimes" tone. I have...: When adjusting sound volume on windows 10 I want to disable the "chimes" tone. I have spent hours and hours on Google and I have tried everything and nothing works....
  3. When adjusting sound volume on windows 10 I want to disable the "chimes" tone. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When adjusting sound volume on windows 10 I want to disable the "chimes" tone. I have...: When adjusting sound volume on windows 10 I want to disable the "chimes" tone. I have spent hours and hours on Google and I have tried everything and nothing works....
  4. How do I disable volume overlay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable volume overlay?: How do I disable volume overlay? Like in general not just chrome or ie just remove it entirely.Can I just stop any kind of overlay from appearing when adjusting volume?...
  5. How do I disable volume overlay?

How do I disable volume overlay?: How do I disable volume overlay? Like in general not just chrome or ie just remove it entirely.Can I just stop any kind of overlay from appearing when adjusting volume?...
  6. Adjust sound volume scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust sound volume scaling: Okay how do I describe this. When I wear my headset I currently have to set the system sound volume to 4 in order to not blow my eardrums, but that leaves me with only 4 levels between no sound and my ears start to bleed. What I've been wondering is if there is a way to set...
  7. how do adjust the volume mixer

in Cortana
    how do adjust the volume mixer: how do i increase the volume on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-adjust-the-volume-mixer/6e3ea4d6-d53d-4b46-8145-8b3cb4536875
  8. How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?: My laptop crashed today, and upon rebooting an annoying new feature wormed its way into my experience. When I adjust the volume with the FN + arrow keys, a popup appears with a pause/skip button. I'm okay with the volume bar, but I really want to get rid of that second black...
  9. every time adjust volume, I hear windows sysem sound, annoying loud

every time adjust volume, I hear windows sysem sound, annoying loud: Is there anyway to turn that sound off? Who wants to hear that, I want to hear the video, not a 1 second reverberating sound blurb over the speakers which overrides the video sound track. I have been finding it quite an annoying extra noise. 126919
  10. How do i turn off the beep sound heard during volume adjustment?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i turn off the beep sound heard during volume adjustment?: I can't find any settings for the same. 19700