Windows 10: How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?

Discus and support How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I turn off the Caps Lock indicator that keeps popping up near the top left corner of my screen? This has never popped up before until today. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by -uwu-, Jul 11, 2020.

1. -uwu- Win User

How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?

How do I turn off the Caps Lock indicator that keeps popping up near the top left corner of my screen? This has never popped up before until today. I was trying to click a series of keys on the left side of my keyboard which may have triggered this because I noticed the indicator popping up soon after. My laptop is a Mi Notebook Pro if this provides anymore info. I have attached what I'm referring to below:

How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator? a8e8edf9-a4eb-4863-9648-6eb87acbcb39?upload=true.png How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator? aa12ecfb-d5bc-4e13-8c0b-d5b7c75a2b01?upload=true.png

The first photo is when Caps Lock is turned on and the second one is when Caps Lock is turned off

How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator? bedae853-6c00-4fa6-b16c-ea108773eb19?upload=true.png

This is what it looks like on my screen. How do I disable this feature?

:)

-uwu-, Jul 11, 2020
  2. relwood Win User

Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Enable or Disable the Caps Lock Key in Windows 10

Yep me!!!!*Redface

Note: The original PNGs I found on Bing Images, but artist name wasn't given, I did alot of modifying in GIMP and iconified them myself though.

But....
    Shawn you know how I like personalizing dry things like .bat, .vbs, and .reg file, right?

1. Well I created a folder for both reg files, and placed it in my Documents folder.
    2. Then I created shortcuts to the desktop(using "Send to").
    3. I placed the shortcuts in a folder on the desktop.
    4. Then I customized the folder icon, and the reg file shortcuts(you cannot change the actual reg files icon, hence the shortcuts).
    I did this so that I could run both files as needed from the desktop toolbar.

How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator? [​IMG]

Caps Lock off icon.ico

Caps Lock on icon.ico

Cliff S, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator? - Similar Threads - disable Caps Lock

2. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disabled the caps locks notification?: I have been using computers for about 15 years now and have needed a notification to pop up on my screen to inform me that the caps lock has been turned on or off. After all, they do have a light on your keyboard for that and I already know when it's active because I pushed...
  3. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disabled the caps locks notification?: I have been using computers for about 15 years now and have needed a notification to pop up on my screen to inform me that the caps lock has been turned on or off. After all, they do have a light on your keyboard for that and I already know when it's active because I pushed...
  4. How to disable the indication message of caps lock in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the indication message of caps lock in windows 11: Hi all,I am using windows 11 and I found an annoying message when I press caps lock key. When I press the key, the following message showed up on my screen, which covers some of the areas in my screen. Even if it is only a few seconds, it did bring me the bad user experience....
  5. How to disable the indication message of caps lock in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the indication message of caps lock in windows 11: Hi all,I am using windows 11 and I found an annoying message when I press caps lock key. When I press the key, the following message showed up on my screen, which covers some of the areas in my screen. Even if it is only a few seconds, it did bring me the bad user experience....
  6. Disable annoying CAPS LOCK indicator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable annoying CAPS LOCK indicator: It's that time again. Every time I press the CapsLk key, an annoying pop-up display informs me that I just pressed the CapsLk key. Every time I see it I spend literally a day trying to disable it. Every time I disable it, it eventually comes back. Same thing with the Num Lock...
  7. Caps Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock indicator: How do I get rid of this horrible Cap Lock On/Off indicator that pops up on my screen? It used not be there and its now on every computer I use. Other threads from a couple years back suggest the following steps. Step 5 is just not present when I try following through. Is...
  8. caps lock indicator

caps lock indicator: How can i display caps and num lock status in the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-indicator/c3cc52d9-3aad-4796-9402-b43713012aa4
  9. Caps Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caps Lock indicator: [ATTACH] Guys i need help, how tf can i turn this window off? I didnt do any changes in settings but it started showing. https://preview.redd.it/9xvpxslvhff51.png?width=218&format=png&auto=webp&s=47ecf1bbe5b7ad4fba99e2ca4a0f35b14ecba1f7 submitted by /u/poteznygejuch...
  10. Cap Lock indicator

Cap Lock indicator: {Window's 10 home edition, Acer Swift 3} I can't tell when my cap are on? No indicator for cap lock on or off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-indicator/750bccf8-6dfb-4998-bb6e-118cc6e0c56b