Windows 10: How do I disable the dedicated GPU

Discus and support How do I disable the dedicated GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; How do I disable the dedicated GPU on my notebook PC? It is an AMD GPU. I want to do this because it has broken. When I try to play even an old game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jul 13, 2020.

1. How do I disable the dedicated GPU

How do I disable the dedicated GPU on my notebook PC? It is an AMD GPU.

I want to do this because it has broken. When I try to play even an old game such as Half-Life (the original one), my computer overheats then shuts down.

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jul 13, 2020
  2. LA117 Win User

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, Jul 13, 2020
  3. JulianKik Win User
    Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

How do I disable the dedicated GPU 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

How do I disable the dedicated GPU

About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable the dedicated GPU

1. How do I disable the dedicated GPU - Similar Threads - disable dedicated GPU

2. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  3. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated and Dedicated GPU: hi, my dedicated gpu is broken it cant play any games. like valorant it changes frames after I alt+tab. I have a 2nd monitor and i use it as my main monitor. so can i use the integrated gpu to play gamesit can run low setting am good with that but i dont want to disable the...
  4. Integrated and Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to change the location of a dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the location of a dedicated GPU: So a little while ago I got a laptop with an NVidia rtx 3060 as a dedicated/discrete gpu and an Intel Iris Xe GPU and integrated graphics. Originally, my laptop’s monitor monitor 1 was connected to the 3060 and the Intel graphics weren’t being used. I had another monitor...
  6. How to change the location of a dedicated GPU

How to change the location of a dedicated GPU: So a little while ago I got a laptop with an NVidia rtx 3060 as a dedicated/discrete gpu and an Intel Iris Xe GPU and integrated graphics. Originally, my laptop’s monitor monitor 1 was connected to the 3060 and the Intel graphics weren’t being used. I had another monitor...
  7. dedicated gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  8. dedicated gpu memory

dedicated gpu memory: The task manager column "gpu dedicated memory" is this number 37,699,796K, how to convert this number into GB Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dedicated-gpu-memory/06835093-b6d2-48e5-9f4f-d1d18d34cbc1
  9. windows 10 do not use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 do not use dedicated gpu: hi i have problem my dedicated graphics card is not used it is only integrated it is also not shown in the graphics settings as a more powerful option it's like I didn't have any dedicated card in any way disconnected it can't be because I have a laptop thank you for any...
  10. Minecraft on dedicated GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minecraft on dedicated GPU?: Hello everyone. I recently installed TLauncher - cracked Minecraft (Java edition). But I want to play it on dedicated gpu. I tried so many things but nothing changed. Mine integrated gpu is "overclocked" to 200mhz so the performance for gaming is shitty. I want to play it on...