Windows 10: How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing?

Discus and support How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm assuming it's from a recent windows 10 update. I delete it and it pops right back up in my Game drive (D). Is there a way to stop this folder from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gettheclicker, Oct 3, 2020.

1. How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing?

I'm assuming it's from a recent windows 10 update. I delete it and it pops right back up in my Game drive (D).

Is there a way to stop this folder from recreating itself?

:)

gettheclicker, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Sean Bond Win User

DeliveryOptimization folder - why is it there?

Hi,

I noticed a couple of weeks back that a DeliveryOptimization folder appeared in the root of my data drive. I've made no changes to my Windows Update configuration and don't use the Delivery Optimization feature.

I can delete the folder but it reappears with seemingly no pattern.

Why is this folder appearing? Can I remove it permanently?

If not - can I move it to another drive?

Many thanks,

Sean

Sean Bond, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    DeliveryOptimization folder - why is it there?

Hi Sean,

The DeliveryOptimization folder reappears everytime an update is installed. It is advisable to move it to another drive instead of deleting it. For more details, kindly refer to the post of Anish A Kumar on this

link

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Oct 3, 2020
  4. How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing?

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing? :D

PVTCaboose1337, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing?

1. How do I disable the DeliveryOptimization folder from appearing? - Similar Threads - disable DeliveryOptimization folder

2. All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?: without any changes to any windows / microsoft settings, infact I had not even opened the settings app in some while, a folder right in the middle of my organized folder layout appears, it is called "DeliveryOptimization" and has a sub folder called cache. According to my...
  3. All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden a Non-Deletable folder called "DeliveryOptimization" has appeared, why?: without any changes to any windows / microsoft settings, infact I had not even opened the settings app in some while, a folder right in the middle of my organized folder layout appears, it is called "DeliveryOptimization" and has a sub folder called cache. According to my...
  4. How do I permanently disable "Expand to Current Folder"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable "Expand to Current Folder"?: Turning off "Expand to Current Folder" works for about five minutes, then File Explorer goes right back to expanding the folders. It is an incredibly annoying and useless feature that makes navigating files very difficult. Do not tell me how to turn off "Expand to Current...
  5. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  6. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...: I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are...
  7. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and SpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and SpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...: I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are...
  8. How do i stop these from appearing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i stop these from appearing?: "Video tools" "Shortcut tools" "Application tools" [ATTACH] 167739
  9. Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.

Windows 10 deliveryoptimization Cache folder is very big.: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why I have this giant folder on my Computer. Cant even use my SSD becuase of this taking up to much space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-deliveryoptimization-cache-folder-is/1537622d-978c-4722-a9af-c979c4ede6a8
  10. In File Explorer, how do I disable Backspace from changing the folder.

in Windows 10 Customization
    In File Explorer, how do I disable Backspace from changing the folder.: In Windows 10, in File Explorer, when I'm working on naming files, because the backspace key is right next to the Enter key, I often hit it accidentally and it takes me to the previous folder. Please tell me how to disable this....