Windows 10: How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?

Discus and support How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So apparently when you double-click on the top-left corner of a window in Windows 10, it goes ahead and closes out the window. This is a feature I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Some_Angry_Guy_Forced_To_, May 22, 2019.

1. How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?

So apparently when you double-click on the top-left corner of a window in Windows 10, it goes ahead and closes out the window. This is a feature I absolutely will never use intentionally and have already run into the issue of it unintentionally closing out a window. How do I go about disable this "feature"?

(Please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE tell me this is not another one of your "features" that you don't let users disable. I'm so sick of how Windows 10 treats its users like f**king babies and the whole design decision to not let the user make their own choices.)

:)

Some_Angry_Guy_Forced_To_, May 22, 2019
  2. gregg Win User

Office 2016 - how do I restore ability to close windows by double-clicking upper left of the title bar?

Double (left) clicking top-left corner closes Word 2016 here as long as its maximized (Office ProPlus x86 on Win10 x64 v1607)?

Single left-click brings up the apps context menu (similar to right-clicking anywhere on title-bar); so I guess double-click defaults to the bolded entry (acts like hitting Enter key):

How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"? WWX9y.png

You can customize that Quick Access Toolbar by right-clicking in top-right, Customize Quick Access Toolbar, change 'Choose commands from:' to All Commands, add a couple Separator & move it to the top to give yourself some space between corner & buttons, but it doesn't seem to change how much of the top-left responds to this so I don't think it'll do you much good.

Been doing IT support for 10yr+ & I didn't know of this feature How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"? :)

gregg, May 22, 2019
  3. coreyfd Win User
    Program window stuck minimized in top left corner of desk top

I can not open, maximize, minimize, move or close the program that you see in the top left of the desk top screen. Picture sideways... I show in the task bar also and when I hover the mouse and X it nothing happens. restart did nothing. When i reopened the
    program after restart it went right back to the top left corner.

How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"? 8430a94c-1b32-4782-9a52-cf643ea79eb4.jpg

coreyfd, May 22, 2019
  4. caperjack Win User

How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?

Add/Remove Programs

and if you right click on the windows icon lower left corner .. its listed right at the top of the list , Programs and Features

caperjack, May 22, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"?

1. How do I disable the "double-clicking the top-left corner of a program closes it" "feature"? - Similar Threads - disable double clicking

2. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  3. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  4. How do i remove the box in the top left corner of my screen

How do i remove the box in the top left corner of my screen: The box in the top left of the screen the only say show/hide ctrl+f wont go away when I input the command and pops up when I start a game. Can anyone help me remove it?...
  5. How do i remove the box in the top left corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the box in the top left corner of my screen: The box in the top left of the screen the only say show/hide ctrl+f wont go away when I input the command and pops up when I start a game. Can anyone help me remove it?...
  6. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  7. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  8. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  9. Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind

Clicking top right corner of Window closes the Window behind: Hello, I have the problem that when I click on the top right corner of the screen to close the maximized window, it closes the window behind the current window. This problem does not appear for all programs, but I've noticed that it appears in word, outlook powerpoint and...
  10. No response on top left corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    No response on top left corner: Hello, I have a problem with top left corner of the screen. I can put I mouse there, but when I click nothing happens... It is a small area. Please send me an advice how to solve the problem. It started happening two days ago. Thank you...