Windows 10: how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such?

Discus and support how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just want to know if there is a way to disable them because they are important buttons for me to use on my game im playing. when I go to use it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by michaelaShoemaker, Dec 17, 2018.

1. how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such?

I just want to know if there is a way to disable them because they are important buttons for me to use on my game im playing. when I go to use it as a skill towards the game(like f7) it turns my volume down. I was wondering if there was a way to stop it?

:)

michaelaShoemaker, Dec 17, 2018

2. How To Disable Fn key for F1-F12?

Dear Microsoft,

I just brought the Designer Bluetooth Keyboard . And i using Window 10. Is there any way i can disable the FN key for F1-F12? Its very troublesome for me to keep on using the Fn key. Where i use to normal keyboard.

Jeffrey Ng

JeffreyNgChenHow, Dec 17, 2018
  3. How to disable Windows Help and Support F1 hoykey in Windows 10?

Hello Renshou,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with F1 hotkey opens up
    Windows Help and Support. We will certainly help you.

We would like to inform you that this is Windows feature and you cannot disable only one hotkey. You can however change the game settings and choose different key in place of F1.

Incase you would like to disable all the hotkeys then you can do it if you are using Windows 10 Pro. You can follow the steps below:

To disable the hotkeys in your computer, please follow the below steps.

1. Go to the desktop.

2. Right click anywhere on the desktop screen.

3. Select Graphics options.

4. In there, select the Hotkeys and select Disable.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 17, 2018
  4. how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such?

How to disable hotkeys in Lenovo Ideapad MIIX?

Hi i have got a Lenovo Ideapad MIIX and im having some problems with th hotkeys on it because of my touchscreen the arrows have a hotkey to volume up and brightness i need to disable that for gaming reasons and i cant i have tryd evry thing but it doenst
    work if i press fn and f1 using the arrows at the same time the volume will go up how can i disable this type of hotkeys?

Original title: windows 10 hotkeys

ricardoprimor, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such?

1. how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such? - Similar Threads - disable f12 hotkeys

2. F1 to F12 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    F1 to F12 keys are not working: I have a dell letitude E7450 laptop. I have a minor issue with the laptop that my any F key is not working properly. all keys are properly working no any hardware issue but the issue is that when I press any F4 key my mic turns off but when I press Alt+F4 power menu does not...
  3. The windows f1 hotkey

The windows f1 hotkey: I need help disabling the f1 hotkey in Windows 10. It is annoying when in game, or anytime i am on my laptop. Please help -PaintTray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-f1-hotkey/9dd8a954-448b-4022-a386-7b85a95617ba
  4. my F1 through F12 isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my F1 through F12 isnt working: When I try to adjust the volume or brightness keys, it doesn't work is there a lock on it that I don't know how to get to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-f1-through-f12-isnt-working/69830f2f-cbfa-4f54-a8f9-695144c7bc8f
  5. how do i switch to f1-f12 keys only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i switch to f1-f12 keys only?: so i have this laptop, which is pretty good at gaming, problem is, that my snooze button is right next to my esc button, which means that i at times accidentally press the snooze button when im going out of writing to my team. it would help very much if anyone could help with...
  6. Turn off my F1 to F12 keys

Turn off my F1 to F12 keys: So when I play games I sometime need to use my F2 keys. IF it did not lower my volume!!This is a problem! I cant live like this! WINDOWS Should have a option TO disable this already!!I need to disable these,any way how?...
  7. f1-f12 hotkeys

f1-f12 hotkeys: I have an HP Pavilion laptop with a Windows 10 operating system. I've been trying to disable the f1 through f12 hotkeys so I can use them to play Minecraft, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I've tried searching for gpedit in my search bar but nothing...
  8. How do I remove keybinds from F1 to F12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove keybinds from F1 to F12?: So, when I'm playing video games, I sometimes accidentally hit F2 instead of 2 and F2 turns off my computer. Same with the rest of the keys (Except they do different things). How do I remove their functions?...
  9. Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...

Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...: Please Help I have tried everything including gpedit.msc but i just want to use F1-F12 keys for gaming, but its only works when i press fn key I cannot maintain playing video game and press fn key everytime....
  10. How to Disable Mediabuttons and use the regular F1-F12 keys

How to Disable Mediabuttons and use the regular F1-F12 keys: Heey everyone! I have been struggling to use my F1-F12 keys as the buttons were set to default on mediasettings. This meant that in my case, F1 would mute/unmute, F2 would lower the volume etc. Now I like to play some games in which the F1-F12 keys are very important so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable the f1-f12 hotkeys