Windows 10: How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

Discus and support How do I disable the front headphone Jack? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertSosich, Sep 10, 2019.

1. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

Hi

I broke off my 3.5mm cord for speakers in front headphone jack. Ive tried everybody everybody has said everywhere (im pretty good with computers but just had half my teeth out, i physically can take pain killers and i cant think) but cant figure out how to shut off the front jack as it thinks something is plugged in and wont let the back register anything. I am leaving the country in 48 hours have no time to get fixed before go and to what point i just need right now so i can put a movie on for my boy to go sleep. any help asap would be awesome! thanks

:)

RobertSosich, Sep 10, 2019

2. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Your sound driver may have options to enable/disable jacks based on what's plugged in the front/rear. For instance, my Realtek driver has:

How do I disable the front headphone Jack? [​IMG]

As for removing the broken plug it would depend on how far in it broke and how tight the jack is. I don't have any personal experience but there are a number of suggestions if you Google for "how to remove broken 3.5mm jack."

PolarNettles, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Ava_898 Win User
    How to disable headphone jack in Windows 10

Hello,

a part of my headphone plug is stuck in the headphone jack. My computer thinks it's still plugged in but i can't heard anything. Now since I can't get it out I've tried to disable it. Unfortunetly when i go to playback devices headphones is listed as Speakers.
    How do I disable the headphone jack so I can listen through speakers?

Note: I have reinstalled my drivers and if I go to update them it says that windows thinks your drivers are up to date

Ava_898, Sep 10, 2019
  4. How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

Headphone jack not working

Hi Jonathan,

Issues with headphones or headphone jack could have happened due to hardware issues. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you update your driver. You can follow this
    link
    for the steps on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

If the issue still occurs, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer to check and troubleshoot your hardware issue with headphone jack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable the front headphone Jack?

1. How do I disable the front headphone Jack? - Similar Threads - disable front headphone

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  4. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone: Hello, Today I turned on my HP Pc and my Mic isn't even being detected by Windows, The mic is attached to my headphones and the headphone audio does work, it's just the Microphone that doesn't I plugged it into the back microphone and audio ports using a splitter and now it...
  5. Front Headphone jack not picking up Microphone

6. I have headphones/speakers plugged in the front jack, they are undetected.

I have headphones/speakers plugged in the front jack, they are undetected.: I always worked with headphones on my computer and today suddenly there was no sound. The system can only output sound from HDMI cable to the monitor. I have tried every solution possible available online, I have updated drivers from Device Manager, I have disabled HDMI audio...
  7. There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option

There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option: My laptop’s headphone port just stopped working. It shows that it plays through the headphones but no sound coming through. My headphones work perfectly on other devices as well. Ive tried everything i could. and there’s no “Disable front panel jack detection” option in the...
  8. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  9. 3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??

3.5mm front panel headphone jack broken??: Yesterday my speakers were working fine. Today i just turned on my PC and noticed a x symbol on the volume button down in the taskbar. I clicked to troubleshoot it, but there was no option to troubleshoot the front panel, only the rear panel ones. I tried unplugging and...
  10. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now: On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack. And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work. Did the broken plug in the rear disable the front headphone jack? Can anyone help with either problem? thanks! 114665

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable off front headphone