Windows 10: How do I disable the lock screen?

Discus and support How do I disable the lock screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I disable the lock screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertSeacat, Sep 24, 2018.

1. How do I disable the lock screen?

How do I disable the lock screen?

:)

RobertSeacat, Sep 24, 2018

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 24, 2018
  3. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Sep 24, 2018
  4. How do I disable the lock screen?

Disable Lock Screen

Hi Barry,

We suggest that you try this method to disable the lock screen (except at boot):

• Open File Explorer and head to C:\Windows\SystemApps.
    • Locate the Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy folder in the list.
    • Right-click on the folder name, select Rename, and rename it to
      Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.backup.

Note: If you ever want to restore your lock screen, just return to the
    C:\Windows\SystemApps folder, locate the Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.backup file, and rename it back to
    Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

How do I disable the lock screen?

1. How do I disable the lock screen? - Similar Threads - disable lock screen

2. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  3. how to disable screen lock on pc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable screen lock on pc ?: how to disable screen lock on pc ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-screen-lock-on-pc/83b9a68b-8a8e-4d39-a69c-c6b885dece9e
  4. How can I disable the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the lock screen: How do I disable the lock screen so that I never have to put in a password or PIN again? I do not have a Webcam or fingerprint scanner so I don't want any security measures at all. I just want to continue where I left off without having to log in again. I live alone so...
  5. How can I disable the lock screen

How can I disable the lock screen: How do I disable the lock screen so that I never have to put in a password or PIN again? I do not have a Webcam or fingerprint scanner so I don't want any security measures at all. I just want to continue where I left off without having to log in again. I live alone so...
  6. How do I disable the CAPS Lock on-screen popup?

How do I disable the CAPS Lock on-screen popup?: Hello!I am having the same issue at the person who posted this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-figure-out-how-to-disable-the-caps-lock-on/f36e3eed-45c8-4c53-a9b9-e0372d1ebcfdplease see picture above for referenceThe problem is that I have ALREADY...
  7. How do I disable the CAPS Lock on-screen popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the CAPS Lock on-screen popup?: Hello!I am having the same issue at the person who posted this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-figure-out-how-to-disable-the-caps-lock-on/f36e3eed-45c8-4c53-a9b9-e0372d1ebcfdplease see picture above for referenceThe problem is that I have ALREADY...
  8. how do i disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable lock screen: I have tried every avenue to disable the lock screen. I have a program that has to monitor my computer at all times. When I am away from this computer for a time, the lock screen pops up and kicks the program that is monitoring me off. I do not have the personalization...
  9. how to disable pin on lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to disable pin on lock screen?: Hello, Is it possible to remove the passcode upon laptop, windows 10, start up? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-on-lock-screen/e02b2fa0-ffc5-4b6a-87d2-7f1e88c9b4ef
  10. How do I disable caps lock icon on screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable caps lock icon on screen?: Hello, everytime I press Caps Lock, an indicator pops up with the letter big A and an small a inside a lock on the screen. I've turned this off just some 6-7 months ago but after resetting my computer, this has started again and I look forward for answers and help. Cheers....