Windows 10: how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

Discus and support how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10. The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BobClevenger, Sep 19, 2020.

1. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10.

The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it shows my calendar on that screen. When I clear it the tablet goes right into Windows without any annoying, unnecessary logins.

The desktop PC ALWAYS requires a login after clearing the lock screen. Yes, I can disable the login and the lock screen both, but I want to keep the lock screen so as to be able to check my calendar when I wake up my PC.

How do I make my PC behave like my tablet in this regard?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

:)

BobClevenger, Sep 19, 2020
  2. deadstick Win User

Login problem on wakeup

OK, I finally captured a wakeup failure. It occurred at 12:50 PM 12/31/16. Computer was asleep with AC plugged in; as before the wakeup screen appeared with a login textbox with flashing cursor, but the box wouldn't accept keystrokes. Sleep diags file attached.

deadstick, Sep 19, 2020
  3. fdm2000 Win User
    Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

Brink, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

1. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup? - Similar Threads - disable login wakeup

2. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after wakeup: SCreen goes black when i was to wake the laptop after a sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-after-wakeup/cbad25ba-fc51-477b-b28d-80dc17941add
  3. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after wakeup: SCreen goes black when i was to wake the laptop after a sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-after-wakeup/cbad25ba-fc51-477b-b28d-80dc17941add
  4. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitors are blank after wakeup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are blank after wakeup: When I wake up the system from sleep, the monitors are blank. The keyboard does not show activity - its LED indicators, such as Caps Lock or Num Lock, do not light up when pressing the respective keys. If I soft reset the system, the same thing happens. I have to forcefully...
  6. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup: I build new PC, and since beginning I'm getting randomly BSOD, when I wake up PC from sleep or hybernation. I run the chkdsk and also memtest, they both passed. Thx for help. The BSOD says: unexpected_store_exception the minidump is debugged below. Microsoft R Windows...
  7. How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup?: When I boot the computer, I am immediately taken to my desktop without needing to my account. When waking from sleep, however, I've had multiple screens slowing down the process of accessing my computer. I managed to disable the lock screen myself, but I'm having difficulty...
  8. Black screen after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after wakeup: When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the screen turns on for an instant and then it goes black again. I have to do this four times before the screen stays on. I...
  9. disable password after sleep mode wakeup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable password after sleep mode wakeup: how do i disable password after sleep mode wakeup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/disable-password-after-sleep-mode-wakeup/bc4b76aa-28a7-46c2-85ed-eff375353f00"
  10. Login problem on wakeup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login problem on wakeup: My ASUS/Win10 laptop wakes up from sleep normally about 3 times out of 4...but the rest of the time it gets as far as displaying the password text box, with blinking cursor, and then refuses to accept keystrokes. The only way to get it up is to command a restart, either from...