Windows 10: How do I disable the new snip & sketch, or get PrtSc to save a full screenshot without...

Discus and support How do I disable the new snip & sketch, or get PrtSc to save a full screenshot without... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have spent a surprising amount of time trying to figure out how to get the default printscreen behaviour back. I just want a full screenshot to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stjernefrugt, Apr 15, 2020.

1. How do I disable the new snip & sketch, or get PrtSc to save a full screenshot without...

I have spent a surprising amount of time trying to figure out how to get the default printscreen behaviour back. I just want a full screenshot to be saved without opening another application.

Does anyone know how to do this in an easy way? windows 10 seems to be harder and harder to get to do what I want.

submitted by /u/Stjernefrugt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stjernefrugt, Apr 15, 2020

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Apr 15, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

Hi Margo

To use the new Snip and Sketch, please try this:

Click New

Then in the top middle edge of your screen, you will see a small panel with 4 different snip options (Full Screen, Window, Rectangle . . etc.)

Click one of those options

Then when the screenshot is taken, you should be able to click 'Save' icon at the top right of Snip and Sketch and choose the location and file name for that file . . .

DaveM121, Apr 15, 2020
  4. How do I disable the new snip & sketch, or get PrtSc to save a full screenshot without...

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable the new snip & sketch, or get PrtSc to save a full screenshot without...

1. How do I disable the new snip & sketch, or get PrtSc to save a full screenshot without... - Similar Threads - disable snip sketch

2. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  3. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  4. How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?: When I use the Snip & Sketch tool to highlight my entire screen, there's a thin line at the top-middle of the screenshot from the menu that pops up before taking the screenshot still on the screenshot itself. It's hard to see but if you zoom in you can see it's there.Is there...
  5. How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?

How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?: When I use the Snip & Sketch tool to highlight my entire screen, there's a thin line at the top-middle of the screenshot from the menu that pops up before taking the screenshot still on the screenshot itself. It's hard to see but if you zoom in you can see it's there.Is there...
  6. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  7. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  8. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

9. Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?: Is this possible? I love that PrtScn autosaves to my OneDrive, but I have been using my PC in tablet mode a lot recently so I have to use Snip & Sketch instead. I have been using it during class lectures online, and sometimes they move relatively quickly so I don't have time...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Snip & sketch Not saving

2. disable snip and sketch