Windows 10: How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I...

Discus and support How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK...I have two laptops running Windows 10 Pro. On one of them, when I extract files from zipped/compressed folders, the newly unzipped/uncompressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LordDain, Mar 5, 2021.

1. LordDain Win User

How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I...

OK...I have two laptops running Windows 10 Pro.

On one of them, when I extract files from zipped/compressed folders, the newly unzipped/uncompressed files do NOT open in a new window. On the other, they DO open in a new window. I do NOT want them to open in a new window. Where are the settings for this??

Thanks!!

:)

LordDain, Mar 5, 2021
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I... - Similar Threads - disable opening window

2. How do I stop file explorer from opening a new window after extracting a zip file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop file explorer from opening a new window after extracting a zip file?: Everytime I extract a zip file, another window opens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-file-explorer-from-opening-a-new/f2436cac-5a2a-4093-895c-a8be98b35103
  3. How do I stop file explorer from opening a new window after extracting a zip file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop file explorer from opening a new window after extracting a zip file?: Everytime I extract a zip file, another window opens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-file-explorer-from-opening-a-new/f2436cac-5a2a-4093-895c-a8be98b35103
  4. how do i delete the file that failed to extract on winrar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete the file that failed to extract on winrar: so basically i tried extracting this huge file but i cancelled cuz it was so slow when cancelled it took alot of space in my laptop i had about 26 gb left now i have 12.6 gb left how do i fics...
  5. how do i delete the file that failed to extract on winrar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete the file that failed to extract on winrar: so basically i tried extracting this huge file but i cancelled cuz it was so slow when cancelled it took alot of space in my laptop i had about 26 gb left now i have 12.6 gb left how do i fics...
  6. How do i unlink an RAR file. I can't extract it because it only opens with GZDoom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i unlink an RAR file. I can't extract it because it only opens with GZDoom: So i want to try Brutal Doom a .rar file but I accidentaly bound it to always open with GZDoom so now i can't extract anything. Could anyone help?...
  7. How do I disable Open File - security warnings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Open File - security warnings?: I want to disable security warnings when I open new files I download. I already know if I go to internet options in the control panel and change the security settings for different "zones", I can do that, but for some reason setting a custom level for these zones is greyed...
  8. How to Open and Extract .001 Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Open and Extract .001 Files: I am trying to Open and Extract .001 Files . I have already used 7 zip and winrar software to open the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-and-extract-001-files/653bfed7-52c4-40ee-a486-8eb081b61ded"
  9. How do I locate/ extract the imagex.exe file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I locate/ extract the imagex.exe file?: To try and keep a long story as short as possible: I'm trying to install Win 10 on an external SSD, which I can boot on my MacBook Pro. To complete the installation I have downloaded: - install.esd and converted it to install.wim - Windows 10 Pro ISO from Microsoft -...
  10. How do I open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open this file?: [img] I'm not computer savvy and I'm trying to download a mod for Sims 3. I finally extracted the zipped file and what appears next to it is an internet explorer icon. I double clicked on it and it opened up my download manager window like in the picture. Except when I...