Windows 10: How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

Discus and support How do I disable the option to sign in with password ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I use PIN, but at the lockscreen you can choose to use your microsoft account password instead of PIN, how do I disable that ? is it even possible ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SPARTAN-258, Dec 23, 2019.

1. How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

So I use PIN, but at the lockscreen you can choose to use your microsoft account password instead of PIN, how do I disable that ? is it even possible ?

I just want the PIN only and I don't want to change my microsoft account password.

submitted by /u/SPARTAN-258
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SPARTAN-258, Dec 23, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

Signing into Windows 10 password error...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Change under Change your account password.
    • Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under
      PIN
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems please follow the link below .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

1. How do I disable the option to sign in with password ? - Similar Threads - disable option sign

2. 'this sign in option is disabled"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'this sign in option is disabled": My windows 10 Asus TUF a15 would not let me sign after I restarted my Pc and said "this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns" and that I have to wait two hours to sign in. However my laptop is **** and I have to shut it down...
  3. 'this sign in option is disabled"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'this sign in option is disabled": My windows 10 Asus TUF a15 would not let me sign after I restarted my Pc and said "this sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns" and that I have to wait two hours to sign in. However my laptop is **** and I have to shut it down...
  4. Sign in option is disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option is disabled: I am trying to help my brother in law open windows 10 on his laptop, unfortunately he has Parkinson's and has forgotten his pin and password.The pin he has given me does not seem to work and comes up with the message - sign up option is disabled leave switched on for 2hrs and...
  5. Sign in option disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option disabled: this singing option is disabled because of failed singh attempts for repeated shutdown use a different singh in option or keep your device power on for at least 2 hour.After two hours its not working...!...
  6. Sign in option disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in option disabled: this singing option is disabled because of failed singh attempts for repeated shutdown use a different singh in option or keep your device power on for at least 2 hour.After two hours its not working...!...
  7. How do I disable signing in with a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I disable signing in with a password?: Everytime my laptop goes to sleep, it asks for my microsoft account to sign in, how do I disable this password thingy? I checked the sign in options settings but i couldnt disable anything, please guide me with this...
  8. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it: Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it...
  9. How do I disable this option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable this option?: Guys, how do I disable "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10"? I always like the latest version of Windows 10 the best and I will NEVER regret disabling this. [IMG]...
  10. Sign in Option is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign in Option is disabled: Hi, when I was logging into my Pc with my Pin then I an error message came : this sign in option is disabled try witg another sign in option or try after 2 hours. Sign in options is not showing. If it was showing I would have done with my password but sign in options are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting account sigin