Windows 10: How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

Discus and support How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop crashed today, and upon rebooting an annoying new feature wormed its way into my experience. When I adjust the volume with the FN + arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Outta, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Outta Win User

How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

My laptop crashed today, and upon rebooting an annoying new feature wormed its way into my experience. When I adjust the volume with the FN + arrow keys, a popup appears with a pause/skip button. I'm okay with the volume bar, but I really want to get rid of that second black bar. If it narrows down the issue, I know for a fact that this is NOT Spotify related as I don't have it installed on my laptop, nor do I have an account.

Any fixes for this? Thanks in advance.

How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume? [​IMG]

:)

Outta, Jun 21, 2019

2. Disabling predictive volume/brightness adjustment

When adjusting volume or brightness i either stay on the button or tap it in quick succession until i get to exactly the desired value.

At least, that is what i am trying to do.

Instead, after a few steps Windows pretends to know what i want, and proceeds with a massive, uncalled for change in the level.

How can i disable this behaviour?

A.Teufelberger, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Quigster Win User
    Volume indicator upper left of screen

Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks like this:

How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume? [​IMG]

The box is immovable, but only lasts for 5 seconds (I adjusted the length of display to the minimum time allowed). My personal preference is to either move the bar or disable it; I find the location rather bothersome. However, I cannot seem to find any method to relocated the bar or disable it. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions?

Quigster, Jun 21, 2019
  4. How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume?

1. How do I disable the pause bar that appears when I adjust the volume? - Similar Threads - disable pause bar

2. How do I disable volume overlay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable volume overlay?: How do I disable volume overlay? Like in general not just chrome or ie just remove it entirely.Can I just stop any kind of overlay from appearing when adjusting volume?...
  3. How do I disable volume overlay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable volume overlay?: How do I disable volume overlay? Like in general not just chrome or ie just remove it entirely.Can I just stop any kind of overlay from appearing when adjusting volume?...
  4. xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?: Somehow the Xbox game bar has hijacked the system's volume control. Not a big deal, other than that it is quite big, and after every adjustment of the volume, there's the black thing with the title of the audio/video file blocking the video for some time, so I'd like to go...
  5. This giant media window now appears when I adjust volume. How do I make it so I only see...

This giant media window now appears when I adjust volume. How do I make it so I only see...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mcmelon17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpuwrl/this_giant_media_window_now_appears_when_i_adjust/
  6. How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume

How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume: Hi. Please help. Im signing into this site after i dont know how many years because windows' website is complete trash and I can't figure this out. I've already gone into my settings and un-checkboxed the sound. it keeps playing. it is louder than any other sound on my pc and...
  7. How do I disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the media playback play pause menu when adjusting volume via f7 f8 keys?: How do I disable the media playback play pause menu0 when adjusting volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-media-playback-play-pause/38a4497a-0e7b-4e62-88e0-6201b140c192
  8. How do I get rid of pause window that appears next to volume slider?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of pause window that appears next to volume slider?: [img] The box that I highlighted in the picture has became very annoying to me. I must've accidentally pressed something. can someone please tell how to get rid of this? Thank you. 135217
  9. Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc: Hello guys, I have this strange problem. When I adjust my volume or try to change the song the icons, which display the feature, show as little squares, here's a picture of the problem. [img] Any ideas? Thank you! 73267
  10. How do i get rid of the music menu that appears when i pause?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i get rid of the music menu that appears when i pause?: Hi, I have a keyboard with a volume dial and skip buttons on it... when i change either of these i get this menu that stays for about 10 seconds and is really annoying http://image.prntscr.com/image/9dd1c...43150154a4.png any way to disable it? 81744