Windows 10: How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

Discus and support How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got my Laptop the other day and my volume and brightness keys were working fine, but I guess sometime along the way I must have hit something that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Epicskyflyer, Jun 27, 2020.

1. How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

Got my Laptop the other day and my volume and brightness keys were working fine, but I guess sometime along the way I must have hit something that disabled those buttons because now I have to hit fn and the media keys for them to work. I've searched online but no luck, how do I fix this?

submitted by /u/Epicskyflyer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Epicskyflyer, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Flundran Win User
    Flundran, Jun 27, 2020
  3. yahanna Win User
    How Do I Create a Quick Toggle of Ethernet?

How do I create a quick toggle of my ethernet? So far I created a desktop shortcut. But I'd rather add it to quick actions. Or add it to notification area. Quick actions is preferable. How do i do that??

yahanna, Jun 27, 2020
  4. cognus Win User

How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

Bluetooth toggle shortcut?

BUMP!
    some smart guy knows how to do this... I guess it isn't me!
    Microsoft has this amazing ability to make the simplest, most obvious things SLOWWWWW for the user.
    everything is built for slowing down production. exactly the opposite of Google's MO

cognus, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

1. How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys? - Similar Threads - Disable Shortcut Toggles

2. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  3. Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Toggle Key Shortcut: I use Num Lock as a push to talk key in discord. If I hold it down longer than 5 seconds, I get a prompt to turn on toggle keys. I want to disable this shortcut but the link to disable this shortcut doesnt send me to anywhere I need to go.I want to be able to press num lock...
  4. How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut: Pressing W+Space brings up a menu on top of my screen that shows other characters like how it would on a phone when you long press a key. The difference is i don't want it because when i go to a game and press the "W" key and space, instead of jumping it bring the others...
  5. How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut

How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut: Pressing W+Space brings up a menu on top of my screen that shows other characters like how it would on a phone when you long press a key. The difference is i don't want it because when i go to a game and press the "W" key and space, instead of jumping it bring the others...
  6. How do I disable this shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable this shortcut?: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have before. I'm not sure which app is causing this and searching it up hasn't done me any good....
  7. How do I disable this shortcut?

How do I disable this shortcut?: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have before. I'm not sure which app is causing this and searching it up hasn't done me any good....
  8. How do I toggle the function keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I toggle the function keys: I'm playing a game on my laptop that requires me to use the function keys but on my laptop they have secondary functions like brightness, sound, etc. Is there a way I can disable these secondary functions? submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56 [link] [comments]...
  9. Change sticky keys toggle shortcut

Change sticky keys toggle shortcut: In the sticky keys options panel it says ''Use shortcut (5x SHIFT) to toggle sticky keys'', but is this shortcut changeable? 5x Shift just isn't a great shortcut for me as I would probably turn it off and on without wanting to. Note that I don't want to ''turn off sticky...
  10. How do I disable these key shortcuts?

How do I disable these key shortcuts?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Apeiro256 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4ip19/how_do_i_disable_these_key_shortcuts/