Windows 10: How do I disable the Snipping Tool

Discus and support How do I disable the Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gohbender, Jun 11, 2020.

1. How do I disable the Snipping Tool

So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search when I type snip. Anyone know how to just remove the old Snipping tool from search results?

Yes I know there are more efficient key shortcuts I could use, but I have my muscle memory.

submitted by /u/gohbender
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gohbender, Jun 11, 2020

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Disable Snipping Tool

Hi,

From the above description I understand you'd like to disable the snipping tool.

If you have a Pro/Enterprise edition, you should be able to do this via group policy.

Let’s follow below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

1. Type gpedit.msc in Cortana and press Enter to open Local Group Policy Editor.

2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >
    Windows Components > Tablet PC > Accessories > double click
    Do not allow Snipping Tool to run.

3. Select Enabled and then click OK.

If you enable this policy setting, the Snipping Tool will not run.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Jun 11, 2020
  4. Johnpav Win User

How do I disable the Snipping Tool

Disable Snipping Tool

How do I disable the snipping tool?

I use a much better program than what snipping tool does and the shortcut key gets in the way of a third program.

Thanks,

John

Johnpav, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable the Snipping Tool

1. How do I disable the Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - disable Snipping Tool

2. Snipping Tool – How to disable auto minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool – How to disable auto minimizing: I am having a problem with the behaviour of the Snipping Tool in Windows 11. When I use this tool in Windows 10, the Snipping Tool window would open on the desktop with the image I have just captured. In Windows 11, this tool now automatically minimizes to the taskbar instead...
  3. Snipping Tool – How to disable auto minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool – How to disable auto minimizing: I am having a problem with the behaviour of the Snipping Tool in Windows 11. When I use this tool in Windows 10, the Snipping Tool window would open on the desktop with the image I have just captured. In Windows 11, this tool now automatically minimizes to the taskbar instead...
  4. how to disable snipping tool hoykeys on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable snipping tool hoykeys on windows 11: The Windows 11 Snipping Tool has reserved some keyboard shortcuts. I wish to use them with another program.Is there a way to release these? Or else disable the Snipping Tool completely?The tool I wish to use instead is Greenshot, which I've been using for years in Windows 10....
  5. how to disable snipping tool hoykeys on windows 11

how to disable snipping tool hoykeys on windows 11: The Windows 11 Snipping Tool has reserved some keyboard shortcuts. I wish to use them with another program.Is there a way to release these? Or else disable the Snipping Tool completely?The tool I wish to use instead is Greenshot, which I've been using for years in Windows 10....
  6. How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?: Although a little bit small, im getting annoyed since it ruins the picture. It wasnt there before. I think the edge of the box of the ui for snipping choices gets captured when I do a fullscreen snip. Please help me fix this...
  7. How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?

How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?: Although a little bit small, im getting annoyed since it ruins the picture. It wasnt there before. I think the edge of the box of the ui for snipping choices gets captured when I do a fullscreen snip. Please help me fix this...
  8. snipping tool opening after disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool opening after disable: Hi there i disabled snipping tool from settings,group policy editior,registry it still opens how do i disable it Print screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-opening-after-disable/aec7f5d3-3637-40ba-b132-154fbdcf3ee3
  9. snipping tool opening after disable

snipping tool opening after disable: Hi there i disabled snipping tool from settings,group policy editior,registry it still opens how do i disable it Print screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-opening-after-disable/aec7f5d3-3637-40ba-b132-154fbdcf3ee3
  10. How do I disable Snipping Tool / Snip and Sketch and Windows Shift S and install a better...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Snipping Tool / Snip and Sketch and Windows Shift S and install a better...: Snip and Sketch / Snipping Tool is fundamentally broken. The fact that it doesn't save a snapshot automatically and that there is no way to configure this basic behaviour means the app is completely useless. I need to install a 3rd party app to do this, something like...