Windows 10: How do I disable the switch language/keyboard pop-up in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I disable the switch language/keyboard pop-up in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have several keyboards installed that I use infrequently and for which I set up hotkeys Shift+Alt+1 etc . Since the latest Windows update, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roger761, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Roger761 Win User

How do I disable the switch language/keyboard pop-up in Windows 10?

I have several keyboards installed that I use infrequently and for which I set up hotkeys Shift+Alt+1 etc .

Since the latest Windows update, the language bar changes keyboard layouts on many shortcut key combinations and kindly added keyboards that I do not have.

Now either Windows+Space or Ctrl+Shift change languages, so the languages are changing all the time.

Ctrl+Shift is particularly pernicious as it is used often.

How can I disable all of these routes to change the keyboard layout except for the hotkeys?

How do I remove language-keyboard combinations from the language bar that are not used?

Thanks

:)

Roger761, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard switch language

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Have you added Portuguese language to the keyboard?

Follow the steps:

• Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click/tap on the Time and Language.
    • Click/tap on the Region and language.
    • Under "Languages" click/tap on the Add languages.
    • Choose your language
    • Now you have two languages on your Keyboard.
    • To make new language the main language tap the new language and tap on "Set as primary".
    • To switch between keyboard languages use the shortcut Shift +
      Alt.

Also refer:
    Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jun 13, 2020
  3. nadeaujf Win User
    Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Great! I found it by searching Input method as you suggested (full path is Settings -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings).
    - I've set "Override for default input language" to "French (Canada)" instead of "Use language list".
    - "Let me use a different input method for each app" was already unchecked
    - I've disabled the key sequence to switch between input languages in (Language bar options -> Advanced key settings)

I hope it did the trick, I'll mark this as solved if the keyboard does not change back by tomorrow.

Thank you!

nadeaujf, Jun 13, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I disable the switch language/keyboard pop-up in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable switch language

2. How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10: It's annoying, how do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-optimizations-pop-up-windows/8da3a02e-5b82-486a-b120-30d698f7322f
  3. How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10: It's annoying, how do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-optimizations-pop-up-windows/8da3a02e-5b82-486a-b120-30d698f7322f
  4. How do I disable the Optimizations pop-up? windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I eleminate this trash popping up window whenever i switch between the languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I eleminate this trash popping up window whenever i switch between the languages?: I already tried many ways mentioned in other questions/forums... Everything doesn't seem to work. I don't understand why would MS add such a horrendous USELESS feature that is not any beneficial at all? there is a screenshot below...
  6. How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?

How do I disable handwriting keyboard pop up?: I'm a tablet user and there's this keyboard that pops up whenever I try to search something and it's driving me nuts. I couldn't disable it even in the Touch Keyboard & Handwriting Panel Services. It says that it's still running even though I picked the "disable" option. I...
  7. Disable language bar pop-up

Disable language bar pop-up: [ATTACH] Good day, I was always using Ctrl + Shift combo to switch between languages and that caused no troubles previously. However, after 1709 -> 1909 upgrade this window has begun to appear and steal focus from other apps, even when I'm pressing those buttons without...
  8. how do i disable a pop up blocker

how do i disable a pop up blocker: how do i disable a pop up blocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-a-pop-up-blocker/b58e4d52-0dd7-4289-bbba-ac2c66aae80a
  9. How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT): It's kind of annoying because I don't use special characters like Áá, Éé ever in my life, and especially after my gaming session. While in games I tend to use CTRL and LSHIFT quite a lot and often times the 2 buttons are being held down simultaneously. The keyboard language...
  10. How do I disable this HP pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable this HP pop-up: Hello All I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop and every time I log in I get the attached pop up, is there a way to disable the message so it doesn't come up again? 103876