Windows 10: How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

Discus and support How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I do a two finger swipe to the right on the touchpad of a Dell Windows laptop, it makes my current browser go back as if I hit the back button. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jennseb, Aug 2, 2021.

1. jennseb Win User

How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

When I do a two finger swipe to the right on the touchpad of a Dell Windows laptop, it makes my current browser go back as if I hit the back button. I want to keep the scroll gestures but remove this, so I can still scroll left to right using 2-finger touchpad gestures.

:)

jennseb, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the three-finger gesture on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below.

1. What is the exact model of the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to refer the section Navigating using multi-finger gestures and the sub-sectionNavigating within applications using Three-Finger Flick
    from the article
    HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
    to disable the Three Finger gesture.

Note: The article talks about enabling the gesture, to disable the gesture we need to make sure the box next to Three Finger gesture is unchecked.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Jowi2525 Win User

How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties.
    Then the instructions say "click Settings or Advanced Settings."
    Unfortunately, on the Lenovo Ideapad L340 there is no Settings or Advanced Settings to click on in the Mouse Settings Dialog box.
    I have seen lots of suggestions that involve clicking on the tab to the right of the Hardware tab on the Mouse Properties dialog box, but there is no tap to the right of the Hardware tab.
    I am open to registry editing also.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Touchpad Settings in Windows 10, 8, 7 - IdeaPad - US

Jowi2525, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I disable the touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser? - Similar Threads - disable touchpad gesture

2. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  3. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  4. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?: I am so sick of this feature, every single time I am completing work and I just want to look at the left side of the screen, the page just goes back, making me lose all the work I've done. I already searched for an answer everywhere and all Microsoft can come up with is a...
  6. How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?: I am so sick of this feature, every single time I am completing work and I just want to look at the left side of the screen, the page just goes back, making me lose all the work I've done. I already searched for an answer everywhere and all Microsoft can come up with is a...
  7. How do I disable the two touchpad gesture that hits the back button on the internet browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?: Hi, I would like to disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers, and other things like steam which I can only guess is built like a browser. Now to be clear I do not want to bind mouse button 4 to do something else as I would like to continue using mouse button 4 in...
  9. How disable touchpad gestures windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How disable touchpad gestures windows 10: I have an asus ux303ua. It has a FocalTech touchpad. I have a problem with the touchpad often accidentally taking a touch as a 3 finger or 4 finger gesture. I want to disable this. But there isn't an option in either windows 10 or my driver. Any suggestions on how I can...
  10. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...