Windows 10: How do I disable the Translate feature in Word?

Discus and support How do I disable the Translate feature in Word? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am running Office 2019 which I got from the university, so it's some sort of an educational edition, most importantly - it's NOT a subscription, none... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by unifex, Feb 4, 2021.

1. unifex Win User

How do I disable the Translate feature in Word?

I am running Office 2019 which I got from the university, so it's some sort of an educational edition, most importantly - it's NOT a subscription, none of the 365 stuff (can't stand the idea).

My most recent problem with it is that anytime I open a document in another language (that is, not in English) I get a pop-up offering me to translate the text. How do I turn it off?

I googled the issue and found that Translate is part of "intelligent Services" which can be turned on or off in the "general" tab of the Word settings. However, my edition of Word does not have any such settings at all.

:)

unifex, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Cortana does not translate

Hello,

If you're trying to translate a word or a sentence, Cortana can help you do that, follow these steps:

1. Open Cortana and type Translate.

2. Choose ‘Translate’ under ‘Can i help you?

3. A translation tool will pop-up, and you can choose the language you want Cortana to translate to.

Just write the word or the sentence you want to be translated, then press
    Enter

Access the real-time translation feature by saying "Hey Cortana, how do you say" followed by the word or sentence you want to translate, and the language they want to hear it in. For example: "Hey Cortana, how do you say 'Hello' in Spanish?"

Do note that this works only for single words, and simple phrases, for more complex sentences, you’d need to follow the steps given above.

Let us know if you have questions.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 4, 2021
  4. How do I disable the Translate feature in Word?

Microsoft Translator

Hi,

One way of stopping Microsoft Translator is by uninstalling it. In order for you to uninstall the app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key and type "translator".
    • Right-click Translator and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable the Translate feature in Word?

1. How do I disable the Translate feature in Word? - Similar Threads - disable Translate feature

2. How do I disable the pop-up keys feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the pop-up keys feature: It still appears that they are not suggestions. Rather, I will give you an example. When I press any button on the panel, not only do the letters appear in a pop-up form at the bottom of the screen and then they disappear. How can I disable it...
  3. How do I disable the pop-up keys feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the pop-up keys feature: It still appears that they are not suggestions. Rather, I will give you an example. When I press any button on the panel, not only do the letters appear in a pop-up form at the bottom of the screen and then they disappear. How can I disable it...
  4. How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows: Hi,I have a user that now has this Bing pop up when they lock their computer. If they click on the Bing feature, it will ask for their password to login and then it will open a Edge browser page that says my files. If they click anywhere else, it will ask for their password...
  5. How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows: Hi,I have a user that now has this Bing pop up when they lock their computer. If they click on the Bing feature, it will ask for their password to login and then it will open a Edge browser page that says my files. If they click anywhere else, it will ask for their password...
  6. How do I disable this Bing feature in Windows

7. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  8. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  9. how do i disable print to file in word?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i disable print to file in word?: I am trying to print from a word document and it always goes to print to file - printer is fine and connected, prints emails etc without a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-print-to-file-in-word/d11289de-dac6-44d8-ae10-a26026f0cf5f
  10. How do I fix or disable this outlook feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix or disable this outlook feature?: Not sure how, but when I bootup the laptop, I have to insert a password for OUTLOOK before accessing desktop. The same happens after screen shut down, to resume I press a key to restart, the OUTLOOK screen again requests the password before resuming where I left off. How do...