Windows 10: How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor?

Discus and support How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It gives you the option to disable folder options, but the user can still turn file extensions and hidden items on to see them from the view tab in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Verified✔5, Dec 14, 2019.

1. How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor?

It gives you the option to disable folder options, but the user can still turn file extensions and hidden items on to see them from the view tab in File Explorer. This makes disabling the folder options quite redundant in some ways. How can I stop the user from using the view tab? Or at least stop them from enabling file extensions and hidden items.

:)

Verified✔5, Dec 14, 2019

2. group policy editor

Hi Tony,

Group Policy Editor in Windows is a tool to help you manage policy settings. Here's how you can access the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Press Win+R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Dec 14, 2019
  3. After windows 10 latest update, unable to disable lock screen through group policy editor.

Hi Mehrad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while disabling the Lock Screen. I will certainly help you.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue.

Please mention the steps how exactly you have troubleshoot the issue using Group Policy Editor.

I suggest you to please follow the below mention steps in order to fix the issue:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the
      Run Command, and type gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor
    • In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, go to
      Computer Configuration
      >Administrative Tools>Control Panel>Personalization.
    • Now, click on the Action on the ribbon, and select
      Filter Options
    • Check on Enable Requirements Filters, and check
      Windows 10 Operating System
      , and click Ok.
    • Click on the Do not display the lock screen policy to edit it.
    • Select Disable, and click on Ok.
    • Restart the system, and check if it helps.

Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty in disabling the Lock Screen. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Dec 14, 2019
  4. borgus Win User

How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor?

Group Policy editor warning

How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor? [​IMG]

This notice appears each time the Group Policy editor is opened, and takes two clicks on OK to close.
    Simple steps to banish it?

Checked out this article, but was unable to rename the two files mentioned. I did delete them, however, and this removed the error message. What damage that did is ... to be discovered. ^_^ Files are in RECYCLE bin.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3077013

borgus, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor?

1. How do I disable the view tab in file explorer with the group policy editor? - Similar Threads - disable view tab

2. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  3. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  4. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: It appears my Windows 10 [1909 OS Build 18363.1440] OS, either does not have or will give access to a Local Group Policy Editor. When I attempt to open the Group Policy Editor, from cmdline: gpedit.msc → NOT RECOGNIZED same in PowerShell. When I tried via search it gave me...
  6. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy editor: [ATTACH] when i write Gpedit.msc i get this and it's full of errors and I don't like the computer configuration section, I just came out but I don't know how I did it, that is, I don't know if it's my fault or not, I've already looked on the internet but I haven't found...
  7. Group Policy Editor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Editor: I've Win 10 Pro, I had group policy editor until I update to 1909. Now Windows says it can't find it. I don't want to have to use either a pin or a password when I restart the machine. I had that configured in 1809 but updating to 1909, hung, so a Windows Advisor reinstalled...
  8. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: I just reset my PC trying to fix a perceived problem within group policy editor. After reset, the issue persists. I don't know if it's called a folder or node or container but the name "Administrative Templates" is missing and clicking on ANY object within the unnamed folder...
  9. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554
  10. How do I enable Group Policy Editor.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable Group Policy Editor.: I have a window 10 laptop and am trying to download window group policy, I have searched everywhere online either am scare of virus or lose all my PC data....