Windows 10: How do I disable these key shortcuts?

Discus and support How do I disable these key shortcuts? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Apeiro256 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4ip19/how_do_i_disable_these_key_shortcuts/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Apeiro256, Feb 15, 2020.

1. How do I disable these key shortcuts?

/u/Apeiro256, Feb 15, 2020

2. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Autumn20 Win User

How do I disable these key shortcuts?

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable these key shortcuts?

1. How do I disable these key shortcuts? - Similar Threads - disable key shortcuts

2. How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut: Pressing W+Space brings up a menu on top of my screen that shows other characters like how it would on a phone when you long press a key. The difference is i don't want it because when i go to a game and press the "W" key and space, instead of jumping it bring the others...
  3. How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable the W key not Windows key + Space shortcut: Pressing W+Space brings up a menu on top of my screen that shows other characters like how it would on a phone when you long press a key. The difference is i don't want it because when i go to a game and press the "W" key and space, instead of jumping it bring the others...
  4. How do I disable this shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable this shortcut?: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have before. I'm not sure which app is causing this and searching it up hasn't done me any good....
  5. How do I disable this shortcut?

How do I disable this shortcut?: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have before. I'm not sure which app is causing this and searching it up hasn't done me any good....
  6. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  7. Disabling shortcut keys

Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  8. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?: Got my Laptop the other day and my volume and brightness keys were working fine, but I guess sometime along the way I must have hit something that disabled those buttons because now I have to hit fn and the media keys for them to work. I've searched online but no luck, how do...
  10. How to disable windows shortcut keys without disabling windows key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable windows shortcut keys without disabling windows key?: I don't like any (windowskey+anykey) keyboard shortcuts and I like to use my own ones for some apps. Whenever I missclick Winkey without adding additional key WindowsMenu toggles which irritates me....