Windows 10: How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?

Discus and support How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! So, my Taskbar for quite some time already been acting up, appearing on top on many of applications I am running. It even gets in the way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheMugbearer, Oct 1, 2016.

1. How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?

Hello! So, my Taskbar for quite some time already been acting up, appearing on top on many of applications I am running. It even gets in the way of fullscreen videogames, and that is what absolutely irks me off.
    For example I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 (Steam version, Fullscreen enabled) and I kept hitting some invisible border that made the taskbar appear over the game's window and therefore throw me onto the desktop! It happened several times in a row, completely ruining my mood.
    I've been looking up solution, including this other thread on these Forums, but nothing really helps (although it seems that YouTube running in fullscreen is not obstructed by Taskbar anymore, so there's that).
    I am in desperate need of some qualified help and advice to, once and for all, remove this problem.

:)

TheMugbearer, Oct 1, 2016
  2. DRP54 Win User

How do I the Start Menu from always on top

I don't know how to get to my desktop icons.

DRP54, Oct 1, 2016
  3. How do I the Start Menu from always on top

Hi DRP54,

It seems that your computer is in tablet mode. If you're using a laptop, then please turn off the table mode. Follow these steps:

• Click the Windows key, then click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • In the left pane, select Tablet mode, then toggle off
      the option Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?

1. How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar? - Similar Threads - disable annoying always

2. How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?: So I found this on my taskbar today. When I can back to my computer, I saw an box about weather suggestions. I don't know why hit got here in the first place, but I've already disabled Suggestion notifications on my PC. How do I disable these suggestions like using the...
  3. How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?: So I found this on my taskbar today. When I can back to my computer, I saw an box about weather suggestions. I don't know why hit got here in the first place, but I've already disabled Suggestion notifications on my PC. How do I disable these suggestions like using the...
  4. How do I disable these annoying weather suggestions boxes that are seen on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar always on top issue

taskbar always on top issue: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a weird issue with my taskbar, it is always on top of everything. What I mean is when I play any game in full screen the taskbar shows on screen. I tried the alt + enter and that does not fix it. I made sure taskbar is not locked and problem...
  6. How do i disable taskbar always on top?

How do i disable taskbar always on top?: Hello, from yesterday weird shit happened to the laptop, when i opened youtube and went fullscreen by pressing "F", the taskbar was still there, then when i went to play a game (borderless window) the taskbar didnt hide too, however in fullscreen mode, the taskbar hides and i...
  7. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...
  8. I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    I want my taskbar to always be on top - has this been disabled?: Unlike most people (it would appear) I really want my task bar to always be on top. I am a developer and often have tons of windows open. With the latest Windows update now the taskbar comes up behind any windows - so I have to start re-arranging them to get to it. There is...
  9. How do i disable always on-top taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i disable always on-top taskbar ?: Hi, i recently updated to Win10 Anniversary yesterday. When i played a borderless window game, the taskbar was still on top of the game. Full-screen youtube was also affected by this. Prior to upgrading to win10 Anniversary, it worked fine, i could play a game in a...
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows always on top annoying

2. taskbar acting on top of applications