Windows 10: How Do I Disable This Media Popout System Wide?

Discus and support How Do I Disable This Media Popout System Wide? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xLacho [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsaxea/how_do_i_disable_this_media_popout_system_wide/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xLacho, Mar 31, 2020.

1. /u/xLacho Win User

How Do I Disable This Media Popout System Wide?

/u/xLacho, Mar 31, 2020

2. missing system wide icons

Hi Janet,

We appreciate all the steps you've tried to resolve the issue. Since it still persists, we suggest that you use the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which will check and correct system file corruptions that may be causing the issue. Refer to this
    link
    for the steps.

Once you are on the support page, skip Step 1. Proceed directly on Step 2 until Step 4. If you are still experiencing the same issue after using the DISM tool, we recommend that you proceed with
    System Update Readiness tool. The steps are also listed on the same support article.

Let us know how it went for you.

Amylove Loy, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Danf Win User
    Left Side Sharing Popout

Hi all
    I am new so please be gentle- I would appreciate any help on how to stop the very annoying sharing popout on the left of my screen on a lot of sites I go to.

I have seen small grey "close" arrow and do so but it immediately comes back again.

I do not use any social media at all so would like to disable this permanently.

I apologise if this has been asked before because I would not know what to search for.

4. How Do I Disable This Media Popout System Wide?

Windows Media Player

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to try running the system troubleshooter and check.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Programs.
    • Under Media player, Click on Windows media player
      and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Disable able Windows Media Player.

If still the issue persists, then try disabling and enabling Windows Media Player under Windows Features and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below to disable Windows Media Player.

• In the search box, type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.
    • Restart the computer

To enable Windows Media Player after restarting the computer, follow the below steps:

• Go to Start and in the search type "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Click on "Turn Windows features On or Off".
    • Browse to the Media Features and check the box in front of Windows Media Player.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Disable This Media Popout System Wide?

1. How Do I Disable This Media Popout System Wide? - Similar Threads - Disable Media Popout

2. How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?: I have just installed a new Windows 11 and I want to be very strict about allowing my user to execute programs. This is an experiment to get less dependent on an antivirus. I want to allow the user to execute only specific programs that I specify somehow somewhere, or...
  3. How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restrict the permission to execute for a user, system-wide?: I have just installed a new Windows 11 and I want to be very strict about allowing my user to execute programs. This is an experiment to get less dependent on an antivirus. I want to allow the user to execute only specific programs that I specify somehow somewhere, or...
  4. How do I disable Choose Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Choose Operating System: Hi,I reset my PC using Windows Media Tool.Now every time I restart my PC from a local account or Microsoft account, I am prompted to choose between Windows 10 Volume 2 or Volume 5.How do I stop that and always boot from Volume 2?Thanks in advanced for any help,...
  5. How do I disable Choose Operating System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Choose Operating System: Hi,I reset my PC using Windows Media Tool.Now every time I restart my PC from a local account or Microsoft account, I am prompted to choose between Windows 10 Volume 2 or Volume 5.How do I stop that and always boot from Volume 2?Thanks in advanced for any help,...
  6. System-wide stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System-wide stutter: Hello. I have had my PC for 1 1/2 years now and I have had this issue before. I don't know what causes it to start but for some reason, it decides to stutter. The fix last time was to install a fresh copy of windows, but that didn't work this time. I am very confused and...
  7. How do i fix system wide stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i fix system wide stuttering: Hi, I'm currently using a custom built pc that i built just under a year ago system specifications at bottom i recently got my motherboard repaired by gigabyte due to a bios problem, it has now been two days since i have rebuilt the system. Yesterday i noticed that my audio...
  8. How do I disable some device-wide settings in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable some device-wide settings in Windows 10?: I have 2 Windows 10 desktop PC user account, my wife has the standard account, and I have the admin account. I notice that some settings seems to be shared between us, but this are somewhat odd settings that we seem to share. I assume it's because Windows 10 OS is sometimes...
  9. System wide reminders?

System wide reminders?: Is there any software with which you can set up a reminder through a shortcut, regardless of where you are in windows? Ideally, I’d love to have one where you can use natural language. For example, "in 10 minutes remind me to call John". This is some thing I was able to do on...
  10. How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?

How Do I Disable the Shortcut That Toggles Media Keys?: Got my Laptop the other day and my volume and brightness keys were working fine, but I guess sometime along the way I must have hit something that disabled those buttons because now I have to hit fn and the media keys for them to work. I've searched online but no luck, how do...