Windows 10: How do I disable this shortcut?

Discus and support How do I disable this shortcut? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JazlynnRose, Aug 16, 2022.

1. How do I disable this shortcut?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but out of no where, pressing ALT + s gives me this image skipping thing that I didn't have before. I'm not sure which app is causing this and searching it up hasn't done me any good.

:)

JazlynnRose, Aug 16, 2022
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How do I disable this shortcut? :)

terrace, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Shortcut to Enable/Disable touch screen drivers in Device Manager?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

You will be able to create shortcut to device manger but you will not be able to create shortcut to enable/disable a device in device manager.

To create a shortcut to device manager follow the steps below.

• long press the screen where you want to create shortcut.
    • Click on new and then select shortcut.
    • In the blank space type in devmgmt.msc.
    • Click next and follow the wizard.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2022
  4. How do I disable this shortcut?

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

How do I disable this shortcut?

1. How do I disable this shortcut? - Similar Threads - disable shortcut

2. Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2: Hello,I'm here because i tried everything i saw on internet, the issue is :Ctrl + V shortcut and only this one is not working anymore since i updated my W10 22H2 from W11 22H2.- I updated it to 23H2 after and this did not change anything.- I tried to reboot my computer on...
  3. Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + V shortcut disabled since upgrade from W10 22H2 to W11 22H2: Hello,I'm here because i tried everything i saw on internet, the issue is :Ctrl + V shortcut and only this one is not working anymore since i updated my W10 22H2 from W11 22H2.- I updated it to 23H2 after and this did not change anything.- I tried to reboot my computer on...
  4. keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?: Hi,windows 11 - it seems that my keyboard has always the "windows shortcuts" always active if the caps-lock is not activatedif the caps-lock is active > i can write without issues but obvioysly only with capital lettersif the casp-lock is not active as soon as i click on a...
  5. keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?

keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?: Hi,windows 11 - it seems that my keyboard has always the "windows shortcuts" always active if the caps-lock is not activatedif the caps-lock is active > i can write without issues but obvioysly only with capital lettersif the casp-lock is not active as soon as i click on a...
  6. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  7. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  8. How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?: I have been using Notepad and Windows keyboard shortcuts for over 30 years. I just built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11, and now whenever I happen to hit CTRL and the right SHIFT key at the same time, all the text shifts to the right, as if I right-clicked and selected...
  9. How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?

How to disable SHIFT-CTRL shortcut in Notepad to change text direction?: I have been using Notepad and Windows keyboard shortcuts for over 30 years. I just built a new PC and upgraded to Windows 11, and now whenever I happen to hit CTRL and the right SHIFT key at the same time, all the text shifts to the right, as if I right-clicked and selected...
  10. What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...: When I use some website for programming then the text suggestion come on top of keyword/function, which is annoying and going to settings just to change settings again and again does is not productive. I cannot locate shortcut, if there is none there should be, are there any...