Windows 10: How do I disable touch-guard on an MSI laptop in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I disable touch-guard on an MSI laptop in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I just recently got an MSI GS65 Laptop, and I'm wondering how I can turn off touchguard, that's what it's called in dell laptops but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trieu Tran, Jul 12, 2019.

1. How do I disable touch-guard on an MSI laptop in Windows 10?

Hello!

I just recently got an MSI GS65 Laptop, and I'm wondering how I can turn off touchguard, that's what it's called in dell laptops but it basically disables the touchpad while typing, but I want to disable this function because if I'm playing a game or something without a mouse, then it makes it extremely hard to do if I'm pressing the WASD Keys while not being able to use the trackpad.

Thanks!

:)

Trieu Tran, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Can't complete upgrade on MSI model A6000 laptop to Windows 10

I you had bothered to go to the MSi manufacturers website for model compatibility, as Microsoft suggests in their literature, you would have found the MSi list of their Windows 10 compatible products.

Windows 10 MDA Microsites

NONE of the A Series Notebooks are listed and therefore are NOT upgradeable because Win 10 Drivers are not available and some hardware may physically be incompatible.

I too have an A6000 Series MSi and I'm just fine with Windows 7, with no touch screen on the A6000 and very little other difference between 7 and 10, there really is no reason to upgrade to 10.

KeithBenicek, Jul 12, 2019
  4. How do I disable touch-guard on an MSI laptop in Windows 10?

Synaptics Touch pad blinking MSI GT70 laptop with Windows 10

Well it looks like the same problem that was happening over 2 years ago has resurfaced again with Synaptics Touch pad blinking MSI GT70 laptop with Windows 10. My laptop was working just fine for the past year or so and did an update today (2017-08-10)
    and the touchpad started rapidly blinking and mouse on touchpad won't work. Only way I can stop it from blinking is to press the escape key a couple of times and the touch pad button to turn off the touch pad. MSI has no listing of a touchpad windows 10
    driver for my laptop. I've removed the synaptics touchpad driver from programs control panel but it comes back on the next windows update and restart. I've changed the settings under the control panel device hardware to not install device drivers / apps
    whatever but from what I read this is hit and miss in blocking it from reinstalling. The two year old problem (linked below) thread has been locked but you can read it. There's been no real solutions to that thread so I'm not sure why it was locked,

Anyway anyone have any real solutions other than complain to Microsoft and MSI about not providing a solution to this 2 year old problem?

Howto disable updating: synaptic pointing device driver

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RockstarBruski, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable touch-guard on an MSI laptop in Windows 10?

1. How do I disable touch-guard on an MSI laptop in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable touch guard

2. How do I remove Device Guard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Device Guard?: Help I can't download teams, keep getting this message: A JavaScript error occured in the main process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-device-guard/a45da180-bee4-44b9-8ffb-98bfff307509
  3. Disable DDoS Guard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable DDoS Guard: Disable DDoS Guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/disable-ddos-guard/f890a801-b00d-4f8b-9d8b-8a78ef0227a5
  4. how do i disable touch pad in my laptop..?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i disable touch pad in my laptop..?: Disabling touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touch-pad-in-my-laptop/893297b2-41cb-49fd-9ceb-d2423460c047
  5. How do I disable hold with touch pad?

How do I disable hold with touch pad?: I like the move and click but I wish not to hold and drag unless one of the touchpad buttons is held down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-hold-with-touch-pad/94365875-2c97-47d8-a86a-dd10b1646bd8
  6. How do I disable the touch pad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the touch pad?: How do I disable the touchpad. When I type my thumbs or wrists touch the touchpad, causing words and letters to end up in the wrong place. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-touch-pad/e71db04c-b2df-4d14-b3f5-15705d72f0fc
  7. How to disable "Device Guard"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable "Device Guard": Hi, I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Device Guard" in my surface pro before i can do so. Please provide steps on how to do so....
  8. How to disable touch-pad on HP 17bs0xx laptop with Windows 10.

How to disable touch-pad on HP 17bs0xx laptop with Windows 10.: I'm a clumsy dork and while typing I keep sending the cursor to left field. I've tried instructions I've found on the web and have deleted the touchpad from the list of devices. however, the pad continues to work. Did double restarts. No luck. If anyone would deign to help...
  9. How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop?

How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop?: Hey I have an issue with playing games on Windows 10. Many video games bind the console key to "tilde" or "~" key but my laptop has something called an IR device (or something like that) that is preventing me from using the tilde key when gaming. My Alienware R1 works fine...
  10. Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10 Credential Guard uses virtualization-based security to isolate secrets so that only privileged system software can access them. Unauthorized access to these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch guard how to disable on laptop

2. disable touchguard windows 10