Windows 10: How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

Discus and support How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinP_569, Oct 16, 2021.

1. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

I have a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

:)

KevinP_569, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Disabling Windows 10 Touchpad Gestures/Swipes

Hello Neil,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to disable the track pad gestures in Windows.

Please be informed that this feature to interact with Windows is an inbuilt feature and depends on the brand and model of touchpad. So, it is not possible to disable the gesture feature of the touchpad you are referring to.

However, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 16, 2021
  4. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the three-finger gesture on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below.

1. What is the exact model of the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to refer the section Navigating using multi-finger gestures and the sub-sectionNavigating within applications using Three-Finger Flick
    from the article
    HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
    to disable the Three Finger gesture.

Note: The article talks about enabling the gesture, to disable the gesture we need to make sure the box next to Three Finger gesture is unchecked.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

1. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups? - Similar Threads - disable touchpad gestures

2. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?: I have a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touchpad-gestures-that-cause/a96a48db-1c41-466e-baab-3908e16bc5b7
  3. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?

in Cortana
    How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups?: I have a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard. How do I disable touchpad gestures that cause Cortana and other Windows 10 popups? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-touchpad-gestures-that-cause/a96a48db-1c41-466e-baab-3908e16bc5b7
  4. Disable touchpad gestures for certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable touchpad gestures for certain apps: I would like to disable touchpad gestures in this case pause/play, next song, etc. for certain apps. I have recently bought a new laptop Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 and now, gestures apply to more than one app. On my old laptop, this was limited to Spotify, meaning that I could...
  5. How do I disable this popup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable this popup: Win 10 Pro See image below. When I shut down/boot several other things, this popup appears, some may find it useful I find it annoying. I still want to carry out the action but not having to confirm it each and every time. 178651
  6. Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?: Hey everyone, So I have windows 10 home single language and that language is Turkish. Cortana doesn't support Turkish so I can't use it as well. A certain gesture keeps on bringing up Cortana on my pc and it is extremely frustrating since I can't close it too, it always...
  7. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  8. How disable touchpad gestures windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How disable touchpad gestures windows 10: I have an asus ux303ua. It has a FocalTech touchpad. I have a problem with the touchpad often accidentally taking a touch as a 3 finger or 4 finger gesture. I want to disable this. But there isn't an option in either windows 10 or my driver. Any suggestions on how I can...
  9. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  10. How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable gestures on my Ideapad L340 touchpad: I have a new Ideapad L340. I want to disable gestures on the touchpad (especially tap to click). I followed the instructions at the Lenovo support site (URL listed at the bottom of this post). The instructions get you to Mouse Properties. Then the instructions say "click...