Windows 10: How do I disable UAC ?

Discus and support How do I disable UAC ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I disable UAC ? * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: UAC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevenChan4, Mar 19, 2019.

1. How do I disable UAC ?

How do I disable UAC ?

* Moved from IE10/other

* Original title: UAC

:)

StevenChan4, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

How do I disable UAC ? 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 19, 2019
  4. How do I disable UAC ?

Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable UAC ?

1. How do I disable UAC ? - Similar Threads - disable UAC

2. UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...: I disabled UAC, so why am I STILL being denied access on MY machine?!??! What would it take to STOP being denied access on MY machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-disabled-why-am-i-still-receiving-you-need/46a162b2-5f3d-404c-affa-fb8fe0751141"
  3. Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything: I have Windows 10 and run a relatively few applications, mostly MS Office. My PC was purchased new about 6 months ago. Within the last few days I am unable to start almost any application without it being suspended (UAC code apparently set to 'Disabled'). When I try and...
  4. Disable UAC prompt per-program. (Without shortcut workarounds).

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable UAC prompt per-program. (Without shortcut workarounds).: I can't seem to find any obvious or official way to disable UAC prompts per-program. I use VNC for work almost daily and those prompts just lock you right out with no recourse. Worse still is that the window doesn't always focus by default so you can't always shuffle the...
  5. UAC keeps disabling

UAC keeps disabling: Why UAC keeps disabling? I ran AV scan, sfc, tried to delete EnableLUA key. This is 4th forum that I ask, so PLEASE HELP! 126659
  6. How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make Win10 Pro act more like Enterprise when disabling UAC?: Windows 7 Pro & Enterprise were very closely related, however, with Windows 10 Microsoft are clearly separating the two and suspect Home & Pro may merger at some point. Disabling UAC in Windows Pro used to run applications like Command Prompt as an elevated user...
  7. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program: I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges. I created a ".bat" script, with the following command: powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' "...
  8. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify): It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account = Enabled). It works for a few reboots. Then it's magically back to Disabled (and action center says "You must...
  9. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...
  10. how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file?: How do I turn it off? I am the admin of my pc and do-not-want this damn prompt every time I change a file's name. 51697