Windows 10: How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ?

Discus and support How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? I need to know this because when I try and resinstall Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaburmester, Jun 13, 2019.

1. How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ?

How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ?

I need to know this because when I try and resinstall Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 I keep getting The installation was Cancelled Any changes made to your computer won't be saved. Then there is a dialog box with Windows Setup Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Install cannot proceed.

Thank you for all help.

:)

jaburmester, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

• The OS is Windows 10 Version 1607
    • Current version - Surface UEFI firmware: 106.1624.768.0
    • Attempted update - Surface UEFI firmware: 107.1741.768.0

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and two subsequent restarts:

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and three subsequent restarts:

Attempts to install the UEFI firmware through the Surface Installer and manually in the device manager have installed the driver but the firmware does not install upon restarting. After restarting twice, the driver reports that it is a different version than firmware on the device and stops presenting an option to restart.

Installing Surface Pro Firmware with WinPE on a USB drive also does not result in the UEFI firmware being installed, though another firmware update successfully applied via this process the first time the device rebooted from WinPE.

The driver can be rolled back to the version which matches the actual version of the firmware.

Searches on other forums suggest that when this occurs, that the device is defective and needs to be replaced by Microsoft.

Device Manager

How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? nVQXD.png

How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? aDL2g.png

How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? FtxjV.png

How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? cYbZj.png

AndreRoberge, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ?

What is the best power supply for Microsoft Surface Pro 4

I am wondering what is the best power supply to purchase for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 to carry around in case I need to recharge it.

The power supply that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4 will be staying at home.

Thank you for all suggestions.

jaburmester, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ?

1. How do I disable UEFI on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 ? - Similar Threads - disable UEFI Microsoft

2. how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard: surface Pro 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-disable-context-key-on-surface-pro-4/88fb9d51-0a7e-41dd-931e-e791c3251ef2
  3. how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i can disable context key on surface pro 4 keyboard: surface Pro 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-disable-context-key-on-surface-pro-4/88fb9d51-0a7e-41dd-931e-e791c3251ef2
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface Pro 4: I have a Surface Pro 4, that got screwed up during a windows update. Now the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I have tried the usual things. Like using Diskpart etc, the device can no longer see the internal hard drive. I believe this to be a known issue. Has...
  5. disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish): Cannot even find out if I have a surface pro 3 or 4, only info is: BaseBoard Version Not Available System SKU Surface_Pro_1796 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro After intensive search on the internet I found three "solutions" to disabling...
  6. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  7. On surface pro 4 how do I startup in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    On surface pro 4 how do I startup in safe mode?: On surface pro 4 how do I start up in safe mode.? ***Moved from Accessories / Keyboards and covers*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/on-surface-pro-4-how-do-i-startup-in-safe-mode/d76bad56-cc7b-4d2b-8746-864966d7bdb3
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 News
    In Photos: The Microsoft Surface Pro 4: Feast your eyes on the new Surface Pro 4, the thinnest, lightest and most powerful tablet. Period. 6Gh4o9IqeEU Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 features a beautiful 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and is 30 percent more powerful than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 3. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable uefi in surface pro 4

2. microsoft surface pro surface uefi bug

3. microsoft surface pro 4 uefi driver not installed properly