Windows 10: How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications.

Discus and support How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have disabled all windows security notifications yet this one always pops up. submitted by /u/Divine_Incarnate [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Divine_Incarnate, Nov 28, 2020.

1. How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications.

I have disabled all windows security notifications yet this one always pops up.

submitted by /u/Divine_Incarnate
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Divine_Incarnate, Nov 28, 2020

2. Disable notification of Windows Defender after turning it off

Hello Nick,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

Using Group Policy Editor: Disable the Windows Defender.

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows + R keys, type gpedit.msc and hit
      Enter.
    • Locate the folder below. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender.
    • Click on Windows Defender, right side in the list select
      Turn Off Windows Defender.
    • Click on Enable and Save it.
    Note: If you enable this policy settings. Widows Defender will not run and computers will not be scanned for malware or other potentially unwanted software.

Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Bug: Windows 10 freezes when Windows Defender is disabled

Hi Andre,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with disabling Windows Defender, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error notification with this issue?
    • Have you installed any third-party security software on your device?

Step 1: I suggest you to disable the third-party security software on your device if installed any and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2020
  4. How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications.

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications.

1. How do I disable 'Update windows defender' notifications. - Similar Threads - disable 'Update defender'

2. How do I temporarily disable windows defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I temporarily disable windows defender?: I am trying to temporarily disable windows defender on a PC running windows 11. I am not interested in getting a third party security program.When trying to install a program I know for sure is safe as I run it on my other pc, defender blocks the installation and deletes some...
  3. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable Windows Defender: Seriously, how do I do it. It’s driving me insane. It keeps turning itself on randomly, sometimes a few SECONDS after I turn it off, making the computer unusable. I don’t need some silly antivirus running in the background constantly, I know how the internet works. How do I...
  4. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I permanently disable Windows Defender: Seriously, how do I do it. It’s driving me insane. It keeps turning itself on randomly, sometimes a few SECONDS after I turn it off, making the computer unusable. I don’t need some silly antivirus running in the background constantly, I know how the internet works. How do I...
  5. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How do I disable Administrator notifications?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable Administrator notifications?: It's not every file but it's still common enough to get a bit annoying as I'm the only one who uses this computer. How do I disable these notifications? 178831
  7. How do I disable Administrator notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable Administrator notifications?: It's not every file but it's still common enough to get a bit annoying as I'm the only one who uses this computer. How do I disable these notifications? 178831
  8. How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender?: I have Windows Defender turned off, but somehow it still manages to pop up blocking things I do not want blocked. I really ticks me off when my computer tells me what I can or cannot do. Does anyone know how to totally disable, block, remove Windows Defender? Thanks...
  9. How do I disable chrome notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable chrome notifications?: My school laptop prevents me from entering chrome settings and I can use Windows settings, but searching for different settings doesn’t work. How can I stop chrome from sending notifications in the bottom right? submitted by /u/_chairsama [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I PERMANENTLY disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I PERMANENTLY disable Windows Defender?: Yes, I am aware installing another AV disables it. I just want to have no antivirus at all, however. I've tried using regedit to create a d-word value DisableAntiSpyware, but it gets deleted after every restart for some odd reason. I do not have windows 10 pro, so I can't...