Windows 10: How do I disable updates?

Discus and support How do I disable updates? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margaretm, Jun 10, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

1. margaretm Win User

How do I disable updates?

I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional edition. How do I ensure I do not get them? (Please, no lectures, I'm sick of the problems w/ updates)

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I disable updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

Thema:

1. How do I disable updates? - Similar Threads - disable updates

2. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  3. Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update...: This is an error I have been getting in Windows Store for a while. The ways to fix this on the web don't work for me. Windows Update is on and running. I have tried using the troubleshooter but it doesn't give me any error. I have tried using this script: But it doesnt work...
  4. How do I disable updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I disable updates?: I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional edition. How do I ensure I do not get them? (Please, no lectures, I'm sick of the problems w/ updates) 134446
  5. Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable blur on lock screen when opening a Windows session (1903 update): Hi, 1903 Update introduces lock screen blurring when connecting to a Windows session. Problem I have is that prevents the user from appreciating the wallpaper I set specially for the lock screen as opening a Windows session can be quite long. I suggest there should be a...
  6. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  7. The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports

The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports: The newest Windows update has disabled my USB ports, making it so I can't use my mouse. Seriously, I should turn off updates as they seem to bring problems more than anything else...
  8. The newest update disabled my mouse

The newest update disabled my mouse: Yesterday evening, my laptop received a large update. Since then, my mouse no longer works. This makes life very difficult, as I turned off my touch pad for convenience and now am having difficulty turning it back on...
  9. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903: So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution None of the options described here are...
  10. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install: After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through the process and claims success, I do not see the apps in start menu. Anyone else experience the same? This is a personal...