Windows 10: How do I disable updates?

Discus and support How do I disable updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by margaretm, Jun 10, 2019.

1. margaretm Win User

How do I disable updates?

I have Win 10 professional. I have disabled updates, but I still get them. It's my understanding that you can disable updates in the professional edition. How do I ensure I do not get them? (Please, no lectures, I'm sick of the problems w/ updates)

:)

margaretm, Jun 10, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I disable updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 10, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I disable updates? - Similar Threads - disable updates

2. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  3. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  4. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  5. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  6. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  8. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  9. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?

How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?: A couple months back I had an update foisted upon me by our overlords, and it completely broke my Thunderbolt ports which I was highly reliant on and also my PC speakers. Over the next few weeks, another update fixed the speakers. I was about ready to take my system in to get...